GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Torque Management?

Im new to this site. I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 2wd Stepside. It has a 4.8 in it. I just heard about Torque Management and I was wondering if I could get a better answer on what exactly it is. Also Im wondering if and how I can get rid of it? Im thinking a programmer......? Thanks.

Where in VA are you? There is a tuner in Northern VA that is good. Blackbear Performance. He can do whatever you want.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

so what is torque managment?
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

Page 34 starts talking about it. Hope this helps. I am not good at explainging stuff so I googled and found this

[media]http://vehicle.berkeley.edu/Publications/EC/lamberson_ms_thesis.pdf[/media]
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

SuperCharged 2006 Silverado SS 2WD

For My Mod List go to my Profile then to MY GARAGE :great:
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/album.php?albumid=6

Blog Entries

Here is a post buy Mike Litsch from DiabloSport from GM-Inside news forum on Torque Management

"Torque managent is basically GM's way of putting an end to the fun before it gets started. There are several different scenarios that bring TM into play. Among these are 'abusive launches' and WOT upshifts/downshifts. When TM is enabled, the PCM thinks you are being abusive, and either pulls timing or closes the throttle body on ETC trucks to kill power. You may drive forever without ever realizing what TM is or does, until you experience a vehicle back-to-back with the TM removed....major difference. Suddenly wheelspin is available at low speeds and WOT upshifts feel much stronger and will produce wheelspin as well. Applying the tunes we make available improve the throttle response in these electronic throttle body vehicles drastically...if you command WOT with your right foot, you get WOT, not what the PCM feels like giving you!

In regards to discussion of a 'delay' in power coming on, some of these GM trucks actually do have a lengthy delay before the PCM will allow you to go into power enrichment mode, meaning you are missing out on alot of acceleration. We recently tested an 07 VortecMax on our dyno, and besides the 25rwhp gains up top, we saw as much as 20rwhp and 25-30(!)ft/lbs of torque between 2500-3500rpm as a result of reducing the PE delay time.

Hope I was able to shed some light on this stuff for you guys...lemme know if you have any other questions."

Thanks
    Mike

Mike Litsch
    Diablosport inc.
    561-908-0040x1

I Hope this helps.

BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

It sounds like a free class down at the rec. center.
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffer View Post
    Where in VA are you? There is a tuner in Northern VA that is good. Blackbear Performance. He can do whatever you want.

Im stationed in Va. Beach but I drive home to Manassas every other weekend to see family.

Thanks everybody for the feedback. So there is or isn't a way to get rid of the TM?

Quote Originally Posted by OrdieRed View Post
    Im stationed in Va. Beach but I drive home to Manassas every other weekend to see family.

Thanks everybody for the feedback. So there is or isn't a way to get rid of the TM?
    A tune will get rid of some or all of it if you want. I have 75% of it turned off. Contact Justin at Blackbearperformance.com and he can set you up with this as well as just making the truck a whole new machine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast