GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 97' Suburban Headlights Need Help

My headlights are original. Which means, I could see the road better with two lit matches. When people come up in back of me at night, all I see in the road ahead of me is a shadow of my own truck!!! I have been looking on ebay for a new set, but don't know what is the best to get. All their prices look reasonable, but they are asking too much for shipping. In some cases, the shipping is half of the original cost. I like the ccfl halo's. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I also don't know about the laws regarding some of these lights. I was told anything besides white are illegal in some states. Does anybody know the laws?? I live in Florida.

Great web site!!!

Catch em up!!
    Fishing Friday

Blog Entries

I googled for aftermarket headlights for your application and I saw some pretty nice projector headlights.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

you can get different bulbs which are brighter than stock. i use "Flitz" and it removes the yellowing the sun does to the covers. i had the blue head lights and to me they suck and went with silvayna white bulbs....mike

if you go too much brighter on the bulbs you want to search the headlight relay link on this sight or you will fry the stock dash switch, plus this will give full battery power to the lights and it will help be brighter..
    Michael Collins
    1993 4X4 Suburban
    many other toys as well

Blog Entries

I looked on Ebay for headlights for your truck. I saw some nice prices but they are definitely not a place that I would look for "GOOD" parts. My nephew got taillights for his Honda on Ebay. So much for direct fit. The things were so distorted we sent them back and when the next set came in they were the same. Finally he went to a reputable performance website for tuner cars and got some taillights that fit like a glove.

Make sure you find reviews on any product you plan to buy.

As for Ebay they are a good place to get used stuff, it is usually from someone who no longer needs it or is desperate for money and then you can get it cheap. I will never buy something new for my truck of ebay unless I am 110% convinced it is quality and I know the product.

Check www.stylintrucks.com
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

Jr. Apprentice

Check out http://VVME.com they have HID replacement kits. There is a good thread on this under the accessories tab.

Legend

i would clean them up with the flitz or I have used maguires plastic polish compound on my wifes breeze and worked wonders and then get some HIDS
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16