GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

Default Worst day at the Office?

I officially had the worst day at work yesterday.

My job requires me to travel frequently to Asia, Europe and around the US. I have had some really bad days in this career before but yesterday was the worst.

Had to add some performance enhancing parts to a machine I work on ( as detailed as I can get for coorperate reasons). Evrything I touched went to crap. Ended up being a 31 hr shift with only 2 breaks to eat. A stress headache, and a mental breakdown later I was finally finished and the customer was happy. Well at least sortof. They gave us 18 hrs and we took 31. I wouldn't be happy. What made it even worse was that one of the local support team members got laid off right in the middle of the job. Now that's good planning.

Now that I'm done venting let's hear about your worst day at the Office.
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

well not at the office but i was at home due to lack of work and after working for a company for 4 years (i ran laser machine that cut sheets of metal) i got a phone call from my boss telling me i was laid off....just sucks cause i know some of the people they kept they dont want to be there everyday when the got enough vacation hours they call in sick and there attitude just sucks i have complained about him many times and it just get over looked.... i really liked where i was at and looking forward to move up in the company but i guess i will just take the unemployment for now and hope something better comes along...this just happened last thursday i'm ok with them doing it over the phone cause it probitably saved me from buying stuff over the weekend and coming in monday with no job
    2004 chevy silverado "northwest edition" lifted on 35's

1990 cherokee lifted on 32's

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you were an economical casualty. I just heard that 5 of my friends back in the US were laid off from my company. It is a really hard time for any worker right now to have any confidence in his job.

may i ask what it is that you do
    08 5.3 silverado...toyo m.t 33 12.50 18 rockstars...leveled with 2" blocks...cherrybomb catback...6k hids

Same situation at my company, 10% of the company is gone as of 2 months ago, including my boss who was the director of the department. We've lost c-level, VPs, directors and a lot of rank and file people. We've been working like crazy to show our worth but I could do better things than work 50-60 hours per week, like enhance this website for starters.

Sorry to hear that you're part of the stats, a lot of time it's not the person but the position and some strange view of the "right person" for "the new direction" with the "right skills set"... Some of it was in person with someone from HR and the persons boss and they gave a severance check and a pat on the back that it was a company thing. Some was BS and they did it over the phone.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Well I can't compare to that kind of day but I was annoyed when I was asked to look at soemthing today that took me 5 minuets out of my easy day. I soon got over it and am looking forward to the weekend.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Blog Entries

I'm a R&D Engineering Technician for a Semiconductor Equipment supplier.

(In English I develop machines that make computer chips)

got ya.. ........

Quote Originally Posted by mehoff400 View Post
    well not at the office but i was at home due to lack of work and after working for a company for 4 years (i ran laser machine that cut sheets of metal) i got a phone call from my boss telling me i was laid off....just sucks cause i know some of the people they kept they dont want to be there everyday when the got enough vacation hours they call in sick and there attitude just sucks i have complained about him many times and it just get over looked.... i really liked where i was at and looking forward to move up in the company but i guess i will just take the unemployment for now and hope something better comes along...this just happened last thursday i'm ok with them doing it over the phone cause it probitably saved me from buying stuff over the weekend and coming in monday with no job
    I didn't see your post yesterday when I responded. Where do you live? There are companies in southern CA that are always looking for light gauge metal fabrication workers. Espically in the QC department. Hope you find something good for you.

worst day landscpaping. It was the day before a long weekend and I had been up the entire night before studying. I got out of school and went straight to work. The company's F350 blew a head gasket and was in the shop and i was towing with my beat suburban with 185k on the clock. My friend and I did about 3 lawns, we were doing fall cleanups. One of the zero turn mowers was screwing up running to hot the vacuum part of it was blowin mulched up leaves all over me as I used it. It was hot and dry out leaves were really dry and just turned into dust once they were mowed over. So I'm going along and all of the sudden i smell smoke. The hose for the vacuum was leaking spraying leaf particles all over the hot exhaust manifolds of the mower (rear engine design). SO anyways it caught fire and there was smoke everywhere. I had to run and grab the hose off the side of the house to put the mower out. No damage but still it was a terrible day.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by