GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Congrats My former girlfriend was hit by a driver going the wrong way on a one way street. The police report confirmed the other driver was was at fault. Farmers trued to sue my ex for the accident. Wish I could tell you the rest but I met someone else before it was finalized.
    Watch out for Farmers!
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Ahh, ok .Sorry , I didn't pay attention to who was where . Congrats on the win . Since this was settled using arbitration, does that mean that you cant sue the other driver?

I'm really happy for you Steve. Persistence DOES pay off.

I hope the same positive results with my case against GM, so far it looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ciosclone View Post
    Ahh, ok .Sorry , I didn't pay attention to who was where . Congrats on the win . Since this was settled using arbitration, does that mean that you cant sue the other driver?
    It was settled via "inter-company" arbitration. It was not through the court system. It's not binding on Steve (for the same reason Farmers is not bound by it to anyone else.

Congrats Steve
    Peter Smet
    Haasdonk, Belgium

glad to hear it steve!! now all that BS is done with
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

I was trying to close this out and Steve K. the new claims adjuster said that they still consider me 40% at fault! WHAT? I won arbitration and they paid my vehicle repair and now they are just trying to drag their heels. Hard to believe, but it's true.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I was trying to close this out and Steve K. the new claims adjuster said that they still consider me 40% at fault! WHAT? I won arbitration and they paid my vehicle repair and now they are just trying to drag their heels. Hard to believe, but it's true.
    Yeah, I kind of figured that Farmers would do that (see a few posts back from me). I'd hope that they'd just call it quits and apply the arb decision to your claims as well but it appears they won't. I'm not sure what to tell you about this.

Well, i like how everyone singles out farmers, because you had an incident with them, if everyone complained about their accident with a city slicker, this topic would be pretty full. Yes, i'm glad your done with, but this isn't something you can "generalize" all farmers to do. Not all farmers are like this. I'm just saying, it's not that polite to be saying some of the things that have been said.
    Watch out for Farmers!
    For example.

Cheers
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    Well, i like how everyone singles out farmers, because you had an incident with them, if everyone complained about their accident with a city slicker, this topic would be pretty full. Yes, i'm glad your done with, but this isn't something you can "generalize" all farmers to do. Not all farmers are like this. I'm just saying, it's not that polite to be saying some of the things that have been said.

For example.

Cheers
    It's not over, that's the problem andI may have to file a lawsuit against them to close this out. Playing games, very sad.

I'm almost at the point where I'm going to say that ALL branches owned by farmers insurance are like this. North Dakota hit Farmers with a $750,000 fine and California hit them with a $1 mil fine and Washington State threatened to take away their license to do business. That's a pretty big swath of the whole country.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast