GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Speaker Box

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by _lil_E View Post
    Not trying to step on anyones toes, but that is FAR from a "clean" install. Looks decent but damn, spend another $20 on some carpet bro. I dont know your box building experience but you could have made the box a inch or so shorter ( front to back) and tapered it tword the back and got the same airspace and a way smoother looking install. Again, im not trying to down anyones work, and, if by chance, you have less than 10 enclosure builds under your belt, That actually is a good looking box! The more you build boxes, the more little tricks you learn, so keep on building and one day you'll be on my level!!! LMAO

And BTW, im glad to see a box built that isnt screwed together! A nail gun does wonders doesnt it?
    Box building is definately not something for amateurs! Theres a lot of measuring and calculating of space that needs to be figured out. His box does look good and props on the nail gun but i think that the box should have been a little smaller. Someone's foot is gonna hit it and repeatedly. Only a matter of time before he has to change it.

I'm actually thinking of building a fiber glass custom box for my 1997 suburban. I don't really need the box, just wanna see if i can do it.
    1997 GMC Suburban
    22 inch Ice Metal Rims
    170k and still truckin'

The box is a little smaller than the manufacturer actually recommends. This was also the first real sub box I ever made also so it was a learning thing.

I had a downfiring sub in my truck before and I can't tell a difference in the sound. My old sub was a eclipse and then i upgraded to a digital design because they are one of the top subs for clarity and it sounds awesome. It is a great sub.

This box is looking good, I plan on putting a 12" Alpine Type-R w/ a Alpine MRP-M650 amp to it.

I'd really love to know the specs on your box, it looks reall good.

kev409@gmail.com if you get a chance!
    - Kevin :yipi:

"I need help" is a common phrase....and I use it alot! LOL.

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by raisor87 View Post
    I have two upfiring tens in my truck and people ride in the back it doesnt hurt the speakers just drowns out the sound a little bit

Did you build you box. or did you buy it. if you built it can you tell me how and if you bought it where.

that looks good. i just bought my box for under my seat. it was only $100 but it holds 2 12" subs and i chose the down firing position all sealed up
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Default Nice box

Very nice work, I like doing alot of the work on my truck myself, Its my hobby not the installers down the street.
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123