GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Edelbrock shocks?

Hello to all suspension gurus...I'm looking at buying some Edelbrock shocks that cost about a hundred bucks a piece. They look pretty appealing but does anyone know or heard if it's just smoke and mirrors? Or are they actually a pretty good quality product that holds true to their word? Thak you much for any suggestions you might have for me.
    2001 Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N cold air intake, flexalite electric cooling fan, Edelbrock shorty headers, Amsoil synthetic oil, dual exhaust flow master 40 series muffler, Hypertech max energy programmer, MSD Ignition plug wires.

if there the adjustablle shocks, there pretty good.

Edelbrock anything you will probably be pleased with, great company been around for a long time

you get what you pay for pretty much if i go with a lift on my truck i would want the edelbrock shocks on my truck
    Alexander
    2000 silverado 1500 2wd
    black racing stripes
    black bowtie
    k&n cold air intake
    bull bar
    6 pilot off road lights on a Go Rhino! Lightning Sport Bar
    summit race muffler
    with fish tailed exhaust pipes
    P.A system (for when the aliens take over)jk
    MB Gunner6 rims (discount tire brand)
    285 bfg at ko's
    mossy oak seat covers
    3inch rough country lift

They are good shocks. I personally prefer Bilsteins, but in the end its up to you.
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

bilsteins i have heard are awesome too

Jr. Apprentice

Put them on my 89 3/4T Suburban as soon as they came out. They did what Vic said they would. Ended all that bobbing that you get over dips with the Suburban and handles much better as well

I wonder who makes their shocks for them....you know they're just private labeled as Edelbrock doesnt make them themselves....
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.