GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

its $390 for the stainless super truck exhaust, exits infront of rear tire. how does the gibson sound , which one did u get? U happy with the way it came out? i have the extended cab, getting from autoanything.com
    Last edited by kuz6954; 12-16-2008 at 06:17 PM.

You'll be happy with that Bully Dog Triple as long as you dont have to deal with BD's crappy customer service techs.... I pulled my BD Triple off because of their lack of CS and put the Diablosport on my truck this week.
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

Jr. Mechanic

i have an 08 with a 5.3, i am running a 3" direct trend motorsports muffler (similar to a magnaflow in that its straight through muffler) and because the factory mid pipe is 3" i just put that on ad dumped it. A volant CAI, and a diablo sport programmer. I like it a lot, but i think i want to go with the edge programmer. Either way you cant go wrong with the volant intake, its more exspensive but deff. worth it
    2008 Silverado, 5.3, G80, Extended Cab, California package, 20's, Direct trend motorsports 3" muffler dumped, Volant/CSI cold air intake, 2005 Preadtor Troy Lee Edition

Jr. Apprentice

First of all, thanks for all the information guys (and girls if applicable)!

Quote Originally Posted by kuz6954 View Post
    its $390 for the stainless super truck exhaust, exits infront of rear tire. how does the gibson sound , which one did u get? U happy with the way it came out? i have the extended cab, getting from autoanything.com
    I had the one that exits behind the rear tire, single 3" on my Dakota, but my brother has the exact one you're looking at on his 01 Silverado Ext Cab. Just a word of warning, its STUPID LOUD in the rear passenger seat, and extremely annoying in all the rear seats.

As far as sound goes, both the Gibson on my dakota and his silverado sounded pretty much the same accounting for the difference exit points, and I loved the sound of both, when you get on it, it gets loud, when cruising, it quiets down pretty well. The dak did tend to drone around 19-2000 RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by steves86ta View Post
    i have an 08 with a 5.3, i am running a 3" direct trend motorsports muffler (similar to a magnaflow in that its straight through muffler) and because the factory mid pipe is 3" i just put that on ad dumped it. A volant CAI, and a diablo sport programmer. I like it a lot, but i think i want to go with the edge programmer. Either way you cant go wrong with the volant intake, its more exspensive but deff. worth it
    Hmmm, I'll have to take a look at volant intakes tonight after work....

As of now, I'm planning on ordering the Gibson and intake early January and a tuner late January. Anyone used an SCT tuner on Chevys?
    2008 LTZ Victory Red Crew Cab
    --Current Mods--
    Appearance: SS Chrome Grill Inserts; 2" leveling kit
    --Planned Mods--
    Appearance: Contemplating tonneau cover
    Performance: Gibson exhaust; K&N intake; tune of some sort
    Audio/Video: Still working out the setup: 2 10's, Kenwood DVD player, plan to install December '09
    2001 SLT Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - traded in

Quote Originally Posted by Ihtanni View Post
    So I'm getting a new 08 5.3 silverado tomorrow... on the list of things to do are exhaust, intake, and a tune/tuner. I'm pretty sure I'm going Gibson for the exhaust (part #65626), had one on my dakota and my brother has one on his 01 silverado, like the sound of both.

What intake though? K&N FIPK? any others out there I should know about?

And tuner? Most of the canned tuners don't have support for 08 yet it looks like (superchips, SCT), what's a good one for Chevy's? I'm coming from a dodge, and had a superchips on my old truck, liked it well enough, but figured Id ask to see what my options are.

Thanks!
    I have a K&N 63 Series Intake. Not only did I notice better MPG, but there's a great sounding throaty growl that comes from the engine when you get up on the gas. The kit was an easy install, and though it is more expensive, the quality is also much better than other brands. And don't listen to anyone who tells you the oil will mess up the Mass Airflow Sensor, they are just haters. I've owned several trucks and cars and always put K&N's on them, without any problems. Hell, you can squirt the filter oil into the MAF and it won't hurt a thing. Also I've had good experiences with Hypertech Power Programmers on GMT900's. Have fun with your new truck!

HELLA DIGITAL HID 4300K|K&N 63 SERIES INTAKE|ANZO USA BLACK PROJECTORS|EAGLE EYES RED OEM LED TAILS|WEATHERTECH VISORS|DENALI BUMPER|RACING FUEL DOOR|WRI FENDERS

IN THE WERKZ:
    BLACK BULL BAR W/ HELLA BLACK MAGIC
    ROUGH COUNTRY 3" LIFT
    18" ATX THUGS/32" NITTO TERRA'S
    RANCH HAND DIAMOND PLATE BEDCAP RAILS
    RACING MESH UPPER,CENTER, & LOWER GRILLES
    STS TURBO
    Last edited by rotaryenginepete; 12-22-2008 at 03:30 PM.

I have the 63 series K&N because the website said it give 17.56 HP gain. Thats more than the rest.
    Skoal_Bandit:glasses:
    -2008 Silverado LT1 Crew Cab 5.3/6.2L swap
    Circle D 3000, CAI, 222/230 EPS cam, Patriot Dual Springs,
    LTs, Magnaflow, 2/3 drop
    -Best 1/8 8.5 @ 82 on stock 20s

Jr. Apprentice

Well guys I'm gonna order a K&N 63 series intake (part# 63-3058) and Gibson stainless exhaust (part # 65626) tonight, and i'm leaning towards a diablosport tuner right now.

I'm planning to dyno the truck before and after installing on so I can give some solid numbers for gains, depending on time...
    2008 LTZ Victory Red Crew Cab
    --Current Mods--
    Appearance: SS Chrome Grill Inserts; 2" leveling kit
    --Planned Mods--
    Appearance: Contemplating tonneau cover
    Performance: Gibson exhaust; K&N intake; tune of some sort
    Audio/Video: Still working out the setup: 2 10's, Kenwood DVD player, plan to install December '09
    2001 SLT Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - traded in

Did you get your tuner yet? I am still debating what tuner i wanted and was wondering if you were happy with yours.
    Skoal_Bandit:glasses:
    -2008 Silverado LT1 Crew Cab 5.3/6.2L swap
    Circle D 3000, CAI, 222/230 EPS cam, Patriot Dual Springs,
    LTs, Magnaflow, 2/3 drop
    -Best 1/8 8.5 @ 82 on stock 20s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12