GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Has anyone installed Cab Roof Lights on their 1500?

I'm a big fan of the super duty look with the 5 amber headlights on the roof of the cab. Curious... has anyone bought and installed these on a truck that did not come with them? I have an 09 1500 LT crew cab and want to install.

Thinking something like this maybe: http://www.buyautotruckaccessories.c...led-light-kit/

not sure if it'd fit on the 1500 roof though. Also not sure how to run the wiring from the roof down into the dash and how to tap into the electric (and if there'd be enough power).
    Last edited by mjs84; 12-22-2010 at 09:23 AM.

You would have to mount them to your truck with the provided screws , make sure that they are lined up perfect , and you would have to drill holes in you roof also - to run the wires! run the wires under your headliner , down the A frame (behind the plastic cover) and hook them to power. Alot of holes ( 1 hole to run wires, 2 mounting screws=3 per light = 15 holes) made into your roof! It's possible , just time consuming , measuring for each individual light , to get them lined up perfect
    Last edited by Bama Z71; 12-23-2010 at 07:17 AM.
    2011 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT , 5.3L , Flowmaster Super 44 Series, Deleted 3rd Cat , DeBadged , Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, 20% Front window tint , Airaid Tube with stock Filter box.

had a buddy install the other style. the one that has like the light bar and then two small ones. and i looks good. i have been looking for the light set up with the 5 lights for a while.
    2005 silverado 1500 z-71.
    fabtech 6" lift.
    air raid filter
    throttle body spacer
    4.56 gears.
    rancho rs5000 shocks.
    tow mirrors.
    american racing rims.
    firestone destination a/t 325/65/18.
    due to inflation your 2 cents no longer matters.

I havent seen the 5 light set for the NNBS trucks but gorecon.com has the light bar and the 2 small lights for our year of trucks.Check out the black smoked ones,they are sweet!.They also have the wiring harness that you will need.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"