GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 03 Trailblazer EXT dvd installation

just got an 03 EXT that did not come with a dvd player and want to add an oem one.....looks like OEM would bolt right in place of existing sunglasses case that is there now- has anyone done this? I removed the sunglasses holder and was hoping for an existing harness to be there to add the dvd but it isn't there. Also any sources to buy the oem dvd system for as cheap as possible would be great, thanks! Lastly, does the OEM dvd player get sound through the speakers in the vehicle or does it have its own speaker? This EXT does not have Onstar

Quote Originally Posted by mobilefleet View Post
    just got an 03 EXT that did not come with a dvd player and want to add an oem one.....looks like OEM would bolt right in place of existing sunglasses case that is there now- has anyone done this? I removed the sunglasses holder and was hoping for an existing harness to be there to add the dvd but it isn't there. Also any sources to buy the oem dvd system for as cheap as possible would be great, thanks! Lastly, does the OEM dvd player get sound through the speakers in the vehicle or does it have its own speaker? This EXT does not have Onstar

It takes some work.

1) There is no wiring in the roof for the OEM DVD player, unless you originally had the OEM DVD player.
    2) You can get a pigtail from Delcom for an OEM DVD player, but it's really not cheap at all. This needs to be connected to the main body harness under the seat next to the rear fuse box.

Look for these:
    - Delco P/N:PT1606
    - GM P/N:88986454
    3) I think there is some speaker-wire connectivity that needs to be made as well.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

keep an eye out on this for one on this ebay sellers web page I just bought a dvd and 7" overhead monitor for my 2001 suburban.

http://stores.ebay.com/LKQonline_W0Q...sxQ3asstQQtZkm