GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 265/75R16 on stock 6.5" wheels?

Has anyone put 265/75R16 tires on 16x6.5" wheels? I want to keep the stock wheels, but the tire manufacturers all recommend a minimum 7" wheel for the 265/75. I'm looking at either 235/85 or 265/75, I have no problem going with the tall and skinny 235, but the 265s seem to be more common and in some cases less expensive.

yup i had 285-75-16's on my truck for over a year on the stock wheels
    99 silverado 4.8l with 6.0 throttle body,full tci rebuild with shift kit transmission with no reverse,eaton posi,flowmaster exhaust
    97 s10 350 pushing 350hp,5 speed trans,headman headers...kenwood in dash double din touch screen dvd,kenwood 6 disk changer-just a project truck

Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt

A person who makes unnecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
    - Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
    - Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
    - Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
    - Body kit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
    - Clear tail lights and corner signals
    - A "performance intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
    - Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some 3000gt's Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therefore not always considered rice, but it really depends on the severity of the case.

(courtesy urban dictionary)

i think you will be ok with the stockers
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

youll be fine, might notice a little odd wear but in that case i would rotate them like 1000 miles earlier then i normally do, should even out nice