GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Help !!! Transmission cooler lines

Hi guys I need help in removing and installing one of the transmission cooler lines. I was driving home yesterday and realized my truck wasnít going anymore like if my tranny went bad so i stop and realized transmission fluid was pouring everywhere. Good thing I was already next to my house so I parked and itís been there since. i looked under my truck and one of my transmission cooler lines had a hole so I bought the part already. I have a 99 z71, v8 5.3, 1500, 4wd, automatic, and 4dr. How can I remove and install the line the easiest way without removing any parts. If I have to move parts thatís fine, Iíd rather not though lol. I prefer not taking out anything but it looks like I might. Thanks guys.

Are these the lines going through the bottom of the radiator?

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

GOOD LUCK!!! If it's anything like my Suburban, you pretty much have to have the entire engine out to replace the line with a factory replacement. I'm now running all rubber ATF line and I have yet to pull the old facory lines out. It's gonna be a pain no matter what...
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

You don't have to pull the engine out! Maybe a few things will get in the way. If it's too much of a hassle just get some rubber lines with good hose claps and flare the original tubing so they don't slide off.

the lines are running from the transmission to a little radiator in front of the grill. there are two lines there but only one is bad.

Thats the trans cooler. I believe the lines are rubber and are crimped on. You have to cut the crimp off with a hack saw blade and then replace he hose and clamps. It's about a 75 dollar repair at a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Thats the trans cooler. I believe the lines are rubber and are crimped on. You have to cut the crimp off with a hack saw blade and then replace he hose and clamps. It's about a 75 dollar repair at a shop.
    I agree with this one.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

I finally got the lines in thanks a lot everybody for the help i really appreciate. they are in now but i have another problem. i post a thread under Powertrain Discussion title is Tranmission problem i think. Hope you guys can help me out with that problem. Once again thanks guys

My tranny lines have been replaced 3 times and they still leak Chevy has an issue with their supplier and just kep replacing them as long as it is under warranty they can keep on doing it and when it is up I will do it right but it is coming out of their pockets first.
    Black 06 Chevy Silverado 2LT Duramax Allison.:glasses: