GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

get a programmer or take it to a tune shop who can adjust it

You need not buy anything did mine ez top speed is c180mph at 5345rpm I use high speed tires due to My job. Sometimes you have a nut to chase down to arrest.

I used the hypertech chip in mine before I did all the work to my truck. I ran her hard for 375,00 miles. She didnt burn oil. I only ripped the engin out cause the rear main was leaking bad. I took all the computer crap out and went old school. "Carb" Like 04sierracrewcab suggested, tires,I run these tires on my truck. They have a speed rating of "Y". They handle and stick to the road. If I punch it from a dead stop, I am lucky if I lay 20 feet strips. They hook. Thats what you want when you race. If you are looking to have fun and smoke the tires, go to the junk yard and buy some cheap snow tires... Here is the link to some good tires. I would buy these again in a HEARTBEAT, no pun intended....LOL

http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires...=lgt-suv-truck
    If you want to live life on your own terms, you have to be willing to crash and burn.....

I am a retired electrnic enginerr. On my 2007 All I did was remove the gov. chip and eplace it with a RCT43XZ1 restior and My max speed is 141mph at 4825rpms. I had no need in waseting money on no kind of programer. I have also done two other trucks the same way. a 2005 AND 2006

can someone please send me the link to a good hypertech power programmer to get rid of my speed limit of 93 mph and is easy to use. it would be much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

how did you remove the gov? i have a 2008 chevy silverado.

You can drop the speed limiter quickly using the Diablo Trinity or InTune programmer on your own. And you can install a tune and then run data logging and have a Diablo custom programmer tweak the settings on your tune to take full advantage of how you engine runs. No need for a dyno run, sending out the ECM, etc. Get custom tune right in your email box.
    2013 Silverado 1500 LT Z-71 Crew. 5.3L Auto. Range AFM Delete, PCV Catch Can, RC Leveling kit, Dynomax Ultra Flo cat back, Airaid M.I.T.

2013 Freightliner Columbia. pre-EGR Detroit 12.7L 500 hp 1850 lb torque, 18 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
    can someone please send me the link to a good hypertech power programmer to get rid of my speed limit of 93 mph and is easy to use. it would be much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

You are asking someone who has not posted in 4 years, only posted twice, and had different top speeds by about 40 mph in the two posts, and was a cop in first post, and a retired electrical engineer in the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    You are asking someone who has not posted in 4 years, only posted twice, and had different top speeds by about 40 mph in the two posts, and was a cop in first post, and a retired electrical engineer in the second one.
    Ha yeah I noticed that too.. Funny how some people forget thier story and lied only a week earlier about themselves..

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Ha yeah I noticed that too.. Funny how some people forget thier story and lied only a week earlier about themselves..
    I did the gov chip "mod" on my Murray mower. I can get it up to 87 mph now in 1/8 mile. If I'm not careful and hit 88, well you see some serious stuff...

Anyway what the heck would a gov chip be? Last I remember there's no such thing. Especially on a computer controlled vehicle. Maybe a golf cart but heck that's all mechanical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post

- - - Updated - - -

ONLY INTENDED FOR A CERTIFIED RETIRED COP/"ELECTRNIC ENGINEERR" DO NOT ATTEMPT IF YOU HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE OR HAVE A REAL JOB.
    He took a roll of wire and cut it into six 4" sections. You cross the headlight fuse to the throttle control wire and tie it in. Then you take the other 5 and tie them back together but DO NOT solder them together. And run it from the traction control switch do your brake lights. You will remove the speed limiter this way...

Can this be a sticky?

ON A SERIOUS NOTE!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THE ABOVE STATED!

Anyway, the only way to remove your speed max limit is to adjust the cut off point in the computer. As stated a few post before a custom tune or a handheld programmer will both do just that. I would not suggest doing over 115 in a truck though since they are not designed in the geometry of the front end to be stable at that rate of speed. Especially if lifted or leveled. I would suggest a custom tune to your vehicle so the parameters are perfectly spot on. No guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Rocketmanh5; 03-03-2014 at 01:45 PM. Reason: forgot that engineer is spelled engineerr.
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

The diablosport tools have the most end-user adjustable parameters available than any others... and yes, you can disable/raise the speed limiter... they have complete data logging capabilities and full parameter support.. restore original backup stock tunes at any time and no worries about warranty/dealers... PLUS, you can get CUSTOM TUNING done for the diablo tools, which you can not with the others - you'd be stuck with whatever tunes they give you on them... www.diablewtune.com
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast