GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Mechanic

Default Volant (well CSI) CAI Review

Hey guys, i know im new here but just like all of you i couldnt wait to mod my truck. I put my Volant CAI on today and i will say that i am more than pleased with the results. I did the install and it was easy and quick. The only complaint i have is the predrilled holes in the bottom one of the bolt holes did not line up. And Also you can get one of the lid screws in because of the fender but thats ok with me. It sounds great and i deffinently noticed a difference in the seat of th pants dyno. Ill let you know about fuel mileage increases too. As far as me saying imeant CSI, it is built by volant, the filter even says volant on the side, the only difference is the color of the silicone sleeve, and the design on the lid. Other than that it is an awsome product, and i will get some pics of it up asap
    2008 Silverado, 5.3, G80, Extended Cab, California package, 20's, Direct trend motorsports 3" muffler dumped, Volant/CSI cold air intake, 2005 Preadtor Troy Lee Edition

Thatsgreat to hear. Cant wait to see how it looks on your truck. does it have that deep growl/roar sound??
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chryler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded
    1985 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab

So*Cal Group

Sounds pretty good though.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Blog Entries

where did u get it from?
    1998 GMC Sierra SLE- Bone stock engine, 4'' in dash dvd 2 10" subs 800watt amp.

1999 Buick Park avesdf

1971 Buick Electra 225 built 455 and turbo 400

Jr. Mechanic

I got it from my own work lol, I just didnt want to post it on here to make it look like i am advertising for us. But yeah i bought it there the name of the place is speedway muffler, or speedway motorsports.
    2008 Silverado, 5.3, G80, Extended Cab, California package, 20's, Direct trend motorsports 3" muffler dumped, Volant/CSI cold air intake, 2005 Preadtor Troy Lee Edition

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by adidasboy918 View Post
    Thatsgreat to hear. Cant wait to see how it looks on your truck. does it have that deep growl/roar sound??
    I know that the one i put on my dads 05 (volant also) has a very deep growl to it. As far as the one on my truck it is hard to tell i mean i can hear it above 3500 RPM, and when heavy on the throttle. But i also have an exhaust done so that kind of hides it. But i will say this much, that when the computer does give the engine full power (above 3000 rpm) it really is a kick in the but. Honestly it almost feels like a small nitrous hit. With the intake and the exhaust together, it really makes a big difference.