GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: K & N Fipk

Default K & N Fipk

I just installed a K & N FIPK kit on my 2000 GMC 1500. It took about an hour to install all the little adapters that hook everything up but the fit and finish look factory when done. True K & N is pricey but I believe the results were woth it. My truck is a 2 wd short bed with the 4.3 motor (I like this engine for gas mileage) I have a large hill that runs from the main road to my cabin, all I can say is what a difference throttling up that hill, I haven't had it on long enough to check gas mileage increase or decrease, but seat of the pants reaction is great so far. Next will be a dual exhast to free up what is heading out.

sounds pretty sweet, post a pic if ya can, id like to see what it looks like installed cause i always thought about gettin one

Andrew
    2006 gmc sierra, 4.8l, gibson headers, flowmasters exhaust, hypertech power programmer,4.10 gears, 3 inch rough country suspension lift w/ 285/70/17 cooper disoverer stt's, tinted windows, westin grill gaurd, herculiner bedliner, black fender flares, HID headlights,black painted front bumper

Legend

Glad to know everything went well. I'll hopefully be gettin the 63 series put on pretty soon.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Has anybody put it on a 2008?

08' Silverado Ext. Cab
    Texas Edition
    Flowmaster 40 series duals
    Windows tinted 5% all around
    Remote start
    Garmin nuvi 260 GPS
    K & N Air Flow
    Sirius Stilletto 2 Radio

I put one on my 5.3 2008 last week. I like it, but I'm not getting the gains like I did with the 04 I had. I still feel its worth the money though. Its hard for me to gauge what gains I got with it as I put on the Magnaflow duals at the same time.
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by JKEY817 View Post
    Has anybody put it on a 2008?
    Same as Neverenough. I like it. It was cheaper than everyhting else and the gains are pretty much the same with any brand. You will have your haters talk about the oiled filter but I have never had a problem with them if you clean them properly.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffer View Post
    Same as Neverenough. I like it. It was cheaper than everyhting else and the gains are pretty much the same with any brand. You will have your haters talk about the oiled filter but I have never had a problem with them if you clean them properly.
    I agree with the oiling, I have them on both of the Harleys and they have been steller.... Like K&N
    and asked recently about the Fipk now I am convienced since they do make a excellent product.

Jeff
    JMoney02

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffer View Post
    The oiled filter is fine until you make enough power to suck it through the filter and throw off the MAF sensor. This happened to some of my friends with diesels.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM