GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Ted Rogers has died at the age of 75

Broadcast pioneer, Ted Rogers, has died at the age of 75. The founder of Rogers Communications Inc. died at home, Tuesday morning, surrounded by his friends and family.

This is the official statement from the Board of Directors of Rogers Communications:

It is with great sadness that the Board of Directors of Rogers Communications Inc. announces the death of our colleague, leader and friend, Edward Samuel "Ted" Rogers, the founder of the company, a visionary communications industry pioneer and an icon in Canadian business. He was 75. Mr. Rogers, known for his indefatigable drive, built Rogers Communications into a Canadian and North American leader in wireless telecommunications, cable television, broadcasting, publishing and more. Mr. Rogers' name is synonymous with innovative, high-quality communications products across Canada, products that improved and simplified the everyday lives of Canadians.

"We wish to express our deepest sympathy to Loretta and all of the Rogers family for this loss," said Alan Horn, Chairman of Rogers Communications and acting CEO. "Ted Rogers was one of a kind who built this company from one FM radio station into Canada's largest wireless, cable and media company. A leader also in giving to the community through his and Loretta's many philanthropic initiatives. He will be sadly missed." Phil Lind, Rogers Vice-Chairman, worked alongside Mr. Rogers for almost 40 years. "Our sincerest condolences to Loretta, the children and the grandchildren. He will be missed by so many. Though Ted was relentless in business and building this company over the years, he was also very much a family man. His impact on family, community and country was as impressive as his business success," Mr. Lind said.

Mr. Rogers, who suffered from congestive heart failure, saw his health weaken over the past few years. He was surrounded by loved ones when he died at his home in Toronto. Mr. Rogers' successor as Chief Executive Officer will be addressed by the Rogers Communications Inc. Board of Directors which intends to form a special committee to lead a search considering internal and external candidates. In the meantime, Alan Horn, Chairman of Rogers Communications Inc., will continue to serve as acting Chief Executive Officer and lead the company's office of the president.Funeral arrangements will be announced by the family.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DwqlcuUqTc[/media]

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Sorry to hear that. My close friend lost his father while at work in a cable truck 2 years ago. He was working for Rogers cable. I guess thats why I noticed this post.
    :sign0011:
    Troy
    New Brunswick, Canada

75 seems like it's not long enough these days.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

It's Not!!!! But we must use every minute as if its our last. To bad some retire and do not even get the chance to enjoy it, both men and women. I will be 50 in Jan. and I now sit and wonder when I am with my Grandaughter where the time has gone. Do you all look back and think about your life? Do you Laugh? Are you sad sometimes, do you cry?
    It use to NOT bother me about dying, now I have second thoughts, HA..... MAy us all go to that big fat
    cool place in the sky where we have all the cool stuff we can play,eh?????

Jeff
    JMoney02