GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default my resevoir tank is bubbling/boiling??? Help leaking dex cook

yep it was leaking today I seen it was kinda wet by where the tube by the resevoir tank that goes no where when I drive I can hear it boiling or bubbling kinda so I was wondering what can it be??? How can I fix it ?

Blog Entries

Check to see if your radiator cap is properly installed. If not then the pressure will blow blow into the reservoir causing it to bubble (like sticking a straw into a glass of water and blowing causing it to bubble up). If your cap is in good shape and sealing properly, you may need to replace your thermostat as it is not opening up when warm (normal operating temp) and relieving the pressure. Hope this helps.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

You need to check and see if the thermostat is opening if it is then the radiator cap is bad. Radiator caps can be pressure tested to see if there good or bad.

I'd be surprised if it was boiling. The temperature required to boil coolant would also overheat your motor.

Turn your truck on in the driveway, and let it get to running temp. Then see what happens. My guess is that it's pressure from the coolant system being blown into the tank.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

You could also have a blown head gasket? I've seen it before.

blown head gasket daaammnnn!!!!! i dont have money for that right now i hope not tomarrow morning ill go ahead and check it out hopefully not tho ill be truckless for a long time :(

Check to see if you have oil in your coolant and vise versa. Not always the best indicator though.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Jr. Mechanic

If your truck is a 97 or later, you don't have a radiator cap. You have an overflow/service tank on passenger side fender well. What is your temp gauge reading (210 or lower?). Is the overflow tank filled above the fill line? If your temp gauge is over 210 replace the thermostat. If that doesn't help, post your results back on here, maybe we can help.

my temp is always in the middle of the gauge it's never really over heating that's y it's wierdd to me it's a 2004 silverado v6 model

so i took it to go get looked at and it was the lower intake manifold gasket or somthing like that and its about 1000.00 to fix ouch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast