GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 08 Silverado Interior question

Hi there fellow GMTruckClub members!

I'm new to the site but have a crazy question about the interior of my new 2008 Silverado ext. cab. Recently with the cold weather descending on NH I have had incredible amounts of condensation occurring on the INSIDE of primarily my front and back windshields every morning. I have talked to numerous people about this phenomenon and canít find a cause or solution. My windows and doors are shut tight every night so I canít figure out where all the water is coming from. I would really appreciate any ideas!! Lastly and for a real twist the rear passenger side head rest is soaked as well. I can not find a leak and the head rest does not make contact with the window!

Thanks so much,

cwi2

well if the truck was like 15 years older i'd ask if you had any moisture on the floor and then say maybe a faulty heater core but given the vintage that seems unlikely....i'm stumped, especially with the wet headrest. any chance this is a plow truck with perhaps a light rack installed?
    Current vehicle: 2008 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4wd
    Former vehicles: 1995 Chevy beretta
    1991 pontiac 6000 LE
    1992 Oldsmobile 98 Regency
    1991 Buick Skylark
    1988 Chevrolet Celebrity

I would have to say that you should look for a leak somewhere on the roof. For the headrest to be soaked like that, that's just weird. Got a buddy tryin to mess with ya or anything? lol.
    Mike - OREGON

2001 chevy silverado 4x4. 5.3L, 6 inch Fabtech lift, 35" Toyo MT's, 17" Weld Racing wheels, arma coating on rocker panels. No exhaust after cat. Pioneer stereo

Quote Originally Posted by Trask215 View Post
    I would have to say that you should look for a leak somewhere on the roof. For the headrest to be soaked like that, that's just weird. Got a buddy tryin to mess with ya or anything? lol.
    good point, it may be a buddy that is trying to mess with you.. maybe he drives a Ford???
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

Legend

Blog Entries

Well, I think you may have answered your own first question. I would think that a wet headrest (or anything else that was wet on the interior!) would be a good explanation as to where the moisture INSIDE the cab is coming from. Now... as to WHY the headrest is wet... that's a whole different question and problem.

Remove the headrest, feel for any other wet places in the cab and see if the condensation on the windows ceases. While you have the headrest out.. TOTALLY dry it out as quickly as possible. Put it in front of a heater vent in the house or something.

As for if it's possible you have a leak in the truck... see anything else gets wet - like the seat itself with the headrest off. If anything else is/does get wet, then what I would do it use paper (like newspaper) to cover the main parts of the cab. Every hour or two, or after an overnight, check the paper carefully and if you have any leaks from anywhere they'll show up on the paper. Look straight up from there and you'll see where you are leaking from.

Just my $.02.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site! That's crazy that you are getting that kind of moisture in that new of a vehicle.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Hey fellow club members!

Thanks for the ideas, I figured I need to remove the headrest from the rear passenger side that is wet and that could be the start...any ideas on how to do that? I havent been able to find any leaks of any kind in the interior either.

Thanks,

cwi2

Jr. Mechanic

Take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba33 View Post
    Take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it.
    X2 Warranty is there for a reason. Any chance you have a sunroof. My last Chevy car with a sunroof had issues with leaking. Took them four trips to fix the dam thing. Also I would btring up to them to replace any interior parts that are getting wet as well as mildew will set in and stink pretty bad.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffer View Post
    X2 Warranty is there for a reason. Any chance you have a sunroof. My last Chevy car with a sunroof had issues with leaking. Took them four trips to fix the dam thing. Also I would btring up to them to replace any interior parts that are getting wet as well as mildew will set in and stink pretty bad.
    oh man you beat me to it! If you do have a sunroof maybe this post will help.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t=sunroof+leak
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast