GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

yea i want the red with the white needle.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    I like the blue! Is there anyway to change the color of the needle on the cluster though???

I believe the only way to change the colour of the needle is to get a new one. The needle itself is orange. I guess you could change the colour if you don't mind some kind of orange/other colour meld!

Just as an FYI - I opened up the 2WD/4WD push button module to see what the insides were like. I made a post about it - click here to see it and the few photos. It seems easy enough to change the LEDs in here if you are good with a soldering iron.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

^^agreed^^ The needles are orange plastic, so even with a color swap such as my blue, they stay orange (the smaller ones turned a little whitish, but not the speed & tach) If you want a different color needle, you will have to find new ones somewhere and replace them. This is not something I would want to take on due to the risk of not resetting them in the exact proper positions.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

I edited your first post to include a safety warning for when you pull it out of park. Also, what pattern bulbs wiw you use to illuminate the dash?
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Thanks for putting that in. I forgot because I usually just hold the brake pedal for the time I need the lever down. For the bulbs, I used type 194 with 2 LED's per bulb and a plastic refractor around the rest of the bulb, so they basically have a 360 degree light pattern. There are still some darker spots, but they are not very noticable as long as all the lights are working.

where in the world would look for new needles to go on there though?

Very cool! I am curious as to where you bought your bulbs and what you paid for them.

1999 LS 2500 4x4
    7.4L Vortec

you might be able to find needles on a custom parts site or usspeedo.com. also check other gm vehicles for needles you like in roughly the right sizei bought the bulbs at canadian tire, and i believe they were about $5.50 CAD each.

So i found this post and told myself i have to have blue gauge lights so i printed out the thread and headed to the local autozone and bought what i needed. Got home and ripped apart my dash and when i came time to pull the bulbs out of the base i broke every single one of them and after digging out what was left of the bulb the pieces of wire were also broke.

Anyhow i got the part numbers and ordered new bases and bulbs from superbritelleds.com

Hopefully the install will go better than he tear down lol

Yours looks nice by the way.
    Brian
    Nor-Cal

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500
    6" RCD Lift
    315/75/R16 BFG All Terrains
    Alpine 7" DVD Reciever
    Jbl Componet Door Speakers Front and Rear
    4 10" Jbl Subs
    Led (Blue) Cluster Gauge Blulb Swap
    Dell Studio Hybrid Digital Media Server
    Cobra CB
    Twin Bearcat Scanners

thanks. good luck on your swap. When i did mine, I had not been able to find any bases that I didn't have to reuse the stock ones. Shortly after, they showed up. Now that I know they are not a part you would need to special order of the internet, I would strongly suggest just using new bases.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by