GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68
  1. #61

    Question Need a Quick Info.

    Hey bro, I have a quick question. Could I use these LEDs for the Cluster? I have a 99 silverado.



    - Direct replacement for all Wedge Type W5W, 147, 152, 158, 159, 161, 168, 184, 192, 193, 194 2825
    - Input : 12V, No UV or IR radiation. - Life Span: 50000 hours in average
    - Base : W2.1 x 9.5d,
    - LED : SMD5050(3chip) x 5P. - Color : Blue


    - Latest Technology, Superior Quality Product manufactured in 2012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16FHJH8E9qSEUceZBQS,6Vcqo!~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	44492


  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar104 View Post
    Hey bro, I have a quick question. Could I use these LEDs for the Cluster? I have a 99 silverado.



    - Direct replacement for all Wedge Type W5W, 147, 152, 158, 159, 161, 168, 184, 192, 193, 194 2825
    - Input : 12V, No UV or IR radiation. - Life Span: 50000 hours in average
    - Base : W2.1 x 9.5d,
    - LED : SMD5050(3chip) x 5P. - Color : Blue


    - Latest Technology, Superior Quality Product manufactured in 2012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16FHJH8E9qSEUceZBQS,6Vcqo!~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	44492

    Those will work, but I would personally recommend bulbs that have a little plastic diffuser cap to even the light out because that forward facing LED on those ones will cause major hotspots that will be a lot brighter than the rest of the cluster.

    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck


  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    Those will work, but I would personally recommend bulbs that have a little plastic diffuser cap to even the light out because that forward facing LED on those ones will cause major hotspots that will be a lot brighter than the rest of the cluster.

    Bulbs like these?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16RHJHYE9nzpdTyCBQ(+BrIUFQ~~60_1.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	44499

    Also, whats a good website to find a good HIDs?
    OMAR
    Houston, TX
    -1999 Chevy Silverado.


  4. #64

    Default

    Yeah but what I like about the ones omar posted is that they are BRIGHT & throw color in 360 degrees but the LEDs I have liek those do not have hot spots but they are also under my dash & nor confined. But as far as HIDs go I bought some off ebay for like $35 & theyre 9005 8000ks where as you might find some on other sites for a minimum of like $70 for the same amount of light & they do put out A LOT of light & if I can remember I will post some new pics of my HIDs
    Last edited by Stonewall42; 10-09-2012 at 09:39 AM.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall42 View Post
    Yeah but what I like about the ones omar posted is that they are BRIGHT & throw color in 360 degrees but the LEDs I have liek those do not have hot spots but they are also under my dash & nor confined. But as far as HIDs go I bought some off ebay for like $35 & theyre 9005 8000ks where as you might find some on other sites for a minimum of like $70 for the same amount of light & they do put out A LOT of light & if I can remember I will post some new pics of my HIDs
    Okay, so I will search on ebay for some HIDs, i have a Grey truck, so I think White HIDs would look alright? Wouldnt it?
    OMAR
    Houston, TX
    -1999 Chevy Silverado.


  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar104 View Post
    Okay, so I will search on ebay for some HIDs, i have a Grey truck, so I think White HIDs would look alright? Wouldnt it?
    Those LEDs you posted the second time will be better. Basically, the one thing to look for is that they have a wide beam pattern (at least 120 degrees). If they don't they will only send the light forward instead of through the plastic diffuser. As a result, you will have bright spots where the bulbs are and darker spots everywhere else. As long as your LEDs meet that criteria, you should be ok.

    As far as HIDs go, I think 6000K would look good one your grey truck. 6000K are the white color with just a hint of blue. I had them on my 01 Silverado and loved them. 4300K gets you the most light, so 6000K is usually a good trade off between having the most light output and that nice HID color. ddmtuning.com and vvme.com are places a lot of people get their HIDs from and I've heard good feedback. theretrofitsource.com also has HID kits. It's their own brand that they stand behind and I've heard about very good customer service. Their prices are a lot higher than ebay, VVME, and DDMtuning, so its up to you which route you want to go.

    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck


  7. #67

    Default

    Can I ask what size socket is used I just ordered the LED's for my Silverado!

  8. #68

    Default

    thats funny bcuz i just did as well...
    these are what i bought
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271128632671...#ht_560wt_1091

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. 2002 Tahoe left front turn signal bulb?
    By colfrank in forum Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
  2. Known issues 1999-2002 Silverado
    By 4DGS in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 12:19 AM
  3. 1999-2002 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Parts CD
    By Steve in forum Chevy Parts eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 01:30 PM
  4. 1999-2002 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Parts CD
    By Steve in forum Chevy Parts eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 09:40 PM
  5. Gauge bulb replacement
    By pmf608 in forum Audio, Video & Gadget Tech
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 04:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •