GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just bought a 2008 Crew Cab, have questions??

Hello All,

I am new to the site and to the Silverado as well. I just purchased a 2008 Crew Cab 4x4 in September. I have a few questions I hope you guys can answer. The first one is that I didn't get it with a trailer hitch so I know I have to purchase one. The question is, there is a plug that is connected to the back of the bumper but I can't figure out how to get to it. It looks like the cap would just open on the outside of the bumper but it doesn't. The other question I have is when it's in 4wd high and I make a tight turn like in a parking lot. The truck seems like there is something holding it back.

Hope you guys can help.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site! Does your truck have the receiver part of the hitch but no stinger? And I'm not sure of what plug you are referring to, could you take a picture and post it on here? As far as 4WD binding up, was this on dry pavement?
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

the 4hi thing is normal...

and that cap is to lower the spare tire..
    08 5.3 silverado...toyo m.t 33 12.50 18 rockstars...leveled with 2" blocks...cherrybomb catback...6k hids

Welcome to the site. I can't figure out which "rubber" piece you are talking about either.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Jr. Mechanic

There could be a plug where the trailer wiring plug is at on ones that do not have it.Or the spare tire plug for the lock.The 4 hi is totaly normal like what was said. It will jerk and carry on in a tight corner if it dont then its broke. You may not have a hd tranny cooler on your truck either.

Quote Originally Posted by zach45 View Post
    the 4hi thing is normal...

and that cap is to lower the spare tire..

There is another cap on the other side of the liscense plate that looks just like the one for the spare tire. Except this one doesn't open at all from what I can tell. If you look under the bumper on the back of this one you can see the round trailer connector attached to it. I can't figure out how to get access to it though. I don't know if it comes off or if this really is a cap that opens.

Quote Originally Posted by dwill3015 View Post
    Welcome to the site! Does your truck have the receiver part of the hitch but no stinger? And I'm not sure of what plug you are referring to, could you take a picture and post it on here? As far as 4WD binding up, was this on dry pavement?

The truck doesn't have any part of the hitch or receiver. The plug is the round trailer connector and it's attached to what looks like a cap just like the one for the spare tire. I will take a pic if needed once I get it back from the body shop. Some retard keyed it the day after thanksgiving. The 4WD thing is not when it's on dry pavement, the parking lot was snow covered.

Welcome to the site.... I hope these guys get you squared away!

2007 Silverado LS 4x4 1500 | 4.8L Vortec | Crew Cab
    SGT Davis - US Army POW-MIA You are not forgotten...

Yeah if you don't have the trailering/towing package u most likely will just have the dummy plug cap. As far as the 4hi thing goes...like everyone says thats normal mine does the same thing. Its just the wheels trying to fight themselves. (rears are pushing while the fronts are trying to turn in a tight spot) Perfectly normal

Also try to remember that it is not a good idea to turn corners on other than dirt or ice covered ground while in 4 wheel drive. It can be bad for the truck.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast