GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by warwagon89 View Post
    hey all, new guy here. i have a question, are there very many manual shift transmission suburbans out there? thanks. and hello to all.
    You've got yourself a rare truck. I was told there were around 5,000 manual transmission Suburbans built between 1980 and 2002. I dont know if anyone has a break down for production #'s of each year.

Most were built for the U.S. Goverment, Military, Forest Service, and Law Enforcement.
    Some were also built for large companies that special ordered fleet vehicles, the minimum order was 25.
    Very few found their way to the dealership when they were new. Once in a while you can find them on used car lots.
    There were some built on the Military HMMW platform (same as the mid 80"s military Chevy pickups) with Diesels, 1 ton suspension, Solid front axle, 24 volt electronics, rubber floor mats, hand crank windows, plastic seat covers, PTO output, and sometimes PTO winches. These trucks are very rare and were originaly purchased by the Military to be deployed overseas, I've seen a few stateside but they were still in use with the Military, I've never seen one civilianized.
    Was yours a service company or Govt. model? Or did it slip through the cracks and find its way to a dealership?
    Considering the enviroment the these trucks were built to operate in I doubt theres more than a handful left.

ok, my bad its a 89. the story i heard was a doctor special ordered it, its red, gray int. 350 motor. has the 3rd seat, im not sure how they geared it but, you can run 4th all the way down to 35mph and up to well 90mph so far. it has bulldog which i've used once. i just puchased the suburban yesterday. its got 133,000 miles on it. previous owner took it to kansas from ky, several times hunting. the body is rusty as he77. but drivetrain is as good as it gets. its got pwr locks, cruise, delay wipers, no pwr windows, i dont know alot about suburbans, but i've never seen a stck shift b4. 4-low/1st gear bulldog, it will go anywhere you've got the beans to take it. i think its also a posi track rearend. i love it, just hope i can get the body back looking half way good. thanks for the replies...
    IT TAKES A THOUSAND BOLTS TO HOLD A VEHICLE TOGETHER, IT TAKES ONLY ONE NUT TO BREAK THEM APART....:shocked:

Welcome to the site.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

pics added
    IT TAKES A THOUSAND BOLTS TO HOLD A VEHICLE TOGETHER, IT TAKES ONLY ONE NUT TO BREAK THEM APART....:shocked:

Ah, typo, it's an '89. Great looking truck, very clean. I want one from that generation.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12