GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New OH guy looking for some help

Hey guys I'm new here and was hoping you guys could help me out. I'm getting a new truck and I'm having trouble deciding on what to get. I've owned a 00 Silverado for nearly a decade now and I've finally deciding to replace it, but I don't know with what. I think I've narrowed it down between an 09 Silverado 1500 and the Ford F-150. I was hoping someone here could give me the a rundown on their experience with the new silverado. You know, how it runs, have you had any problems with it that sort of thing. I'm trying to get a sense of what its like before I buy. Thanks a bunch.

Also, I just moved to the Fremont aread in Ohio and was hoping someone could recommend a good dealer to go to. My buddy recommended going to http://www.thayerchevy.com/ and I was wonding if anyone has heard anything about it one way or another. Or if someone can just give me a better place altogerther.

hey man welcome to the site! ive had 2 new gm trucks, & no complaints outta either one of them! best of luck on ur choice! let us know what u get!
    Carl
    2005 GMC Sierra 1500, reg cab, 4.8 ltr, 5 spd, 4X4, Flowmaster 40 series w/3" exhaust pipes & 4" tips. ReadyLift torsion bar keys(part#66-3000), K&N air filter (soon to be getting a AFE Pro Dry S airfilter), & airbox mod .

Welcome to the site man! I have a 2000 Silverado myself. Sorry but I have never driven a new one. But just by looking at my sig, I'm sure you can tell which one I would blindly suggest!

2007 Silverado LS 4x4 1500 | 4.8L Vortec | Crew Cab
    SGT Davis - US Army POW-MIA You are not forgotten...

Welcome to the site!
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

i think it all depends on what your looking for outta the new truck, any preferences?
    05 silverado 1500 4.8L v8
    Flowmaster exhaust
    Dougs headers electric cut out
    AEM brute force intake
    Superchips flashpaq tuner
    Airaid throttle body spacer
    kmc enduro beadlocks
    33 inch hankook dynapros
    4 inch cst lift spindles, rancho 5000 shocks
    de-badged

"if your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much room"

I have no experience with a new Chevy, but my work truck is an '07 F-150 4x4. As far as ride quality goes, my Chevy wins hands down. The Ford has a more rigid ride, and the seats aren't as comfortable. It does do well off road. Although, I have no comparison for that because my Chevy is a 2wd. Good luck on your decision! Go GM!
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Site.

I would definitely lean towards the Chevy just because I have had some very bad experiences with a Ford I had owned. I can't speak for the newer models but 2 of my friends have newer F350 SuperDutys and they have had some electrical issues. Their engines are strong but they are diesels. Your best bet is to test drive both and judge for yourself. Hopefully you make the right choice.

Hint Hint CHOOSE CHEVY
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

i dont like how the new fords kinda take a while to show off their power. its like they are restricte or something. personally i would choose chevy
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Welcome to the site
    Peter Smet
    Haasdonk, Belgium

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast