GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Chevy truck Roll bars

Are roll bars as popular as they once were? I've seen them a lot on the 70's, 80's and even 90's trucks, also I see them for guys that want to load up something like a motorcycle or other ATV, while giving a place to put lights and strap down other goodies they might want to haul.

Anyhow, if you've got a roll bar in your truck what do you have and where did you get it?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

i would like to see, a newer truck with roll bars in it! i dont think roll bars r popular anymore! im not seeing too many people running around with them these days!
    Carl
    2005 GMC Sierra 1500, reg cab, 4.8 ltr, 5 spd, 4X4, Flowmaster 40 series w/3" exhaust pipes & 4" tips. ReadyLift torsion bar keys(part#66-3000), K&N air filter (soon to be getting a AFE Pro Dry S airfilter), & airbox mod .

We got a few guys around here running with them, well really only one or two, but a lot of guys are putting on "Back Rack" on their trucks it protects your rear window, you can mount lights on them, or tie stuff down. I actually just googled it and it almost looks like their a Canadian company, I'm surprised. Check em' out http://backrack.ca We install them on our pickups at work and are even putting them on the rentals as we have had to replace a few rear windows because guys don't like to tie cable reels and other stuff down in the back of trucks.
    2005 Chev Silverado Z71
    Magnaflow Exhaust w/ 4" Tips Split Side Exit
    Chipped w/ Superchips

Legend
    Blog Entries

I have the Smittybilt Single/single rollbar on my 2001 S-10, and I have 5 KC Daylighters on top of it. The entire thing is done out in chrome, I absolutely love it but I do get a lot of smart a$$ comments on it though. I don't think there are too many S-10's that have roll bars, let alone the newer trucks. I have a Go Rhino bar on my 2005 Silverado which is bolted to my tonneau cover. I like this style bar a lot better because you don't take away options from the bed, you can't have any type of bed liner with the original roll bar. Plus I had to drill 16 1" holes in the floor and fenderwells of my s-10, I refused to do that again to my silverado. I have way to much money in it to trash the bed out over a $2,000 roll bar, but I was definately tempted let me tell you. The GoRhino bar is stainless steel with interchangeable inserts, and I have 4 PIAA 520 Series lights mounted on top of it. I love the new style, but I miss the looks of the full rollbar!
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/att...1&d=1232116555
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/att...1&d=1232116728
    Last edited by TRPLXL2; 01-16-2009 at 08:53 AM.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap