GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Chevy Truck Skid Plates

I'm not certain if skid plates are even an option from the factory, anyone know? I do know that there are some serious off-road warriors on this site, I assume that many of you do have aftermarket skid plates to protect your engine/transmission. What type do you have and where did you get it?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I nailed the suburban tranny a few times on big rocks. That truck and I did not have a good relationship. I'm getting jeep skids for x mas!
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

there are some good skids out there, but I haven't had too many problem with factory plates, they are decent for being aluminum. I THINK your trailblazer has them factory, otherwise I know that there is a crossmemeber on those that keep pretty protected
    Matt
    98 Burb
    89 Burb 400K +
    91 S10 small block sleeper
    87 LeSabre 400K+
    04 Impala

I have some stock ones, 3 total. 1 at the fuel tank, 1 at the transfer case and another at the front protecting the motor. I could only imagine they are stock as I didn't pay for them at the dealer.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Gonna bring up an old thread...when i got my new truck in May of this year i was driving back from picking it up and when i was getting off the interstate and gonna get something to eat i heard something dragging underneath the truck...i stopped at the gas station and looked underneath,i saw the front skidplate thats underneath the motor area was dragging on the ground and broke...anyway where can i get a new one at?...i dont wanna buy the full stainless steel kit thats like 300 bucks since the rest of them are is great shape...i just wanna get a new one for the front...any ideas?...my truck is a 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab...the other 2 plates are aluminum/metal and would like one for the part underneath the motor

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

salvage yard for a wrecked NNBS Z71 probably your best bet, otherwise try the parts department at the dealership.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Ive checked junkyards but not the stealership...

Could probably make a custom one with more protection if you wanted to.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Yes i always use skid plates to protect engine or transmission.Usually i buy from online shopping or from AMW which is the best truck providers in India
    http://www.amwasia.com