GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

cool man. good luck and lookin forward to the pics!
    2009 Silverado 1500 LT
    5.3L
    2wd
    Greystone Metalic
    Dark Tint All Around
    Flowmaster 40 Series
    CST 4.5" Lift
    17x9 Fule Hostage Black
    295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    Black Bowties
    6000k 55W Hi and Low HIDs

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    You can leave your leveling kit on your truck, it won't do it any harm but you'll have ~10 in. of total lift with the addition of the Rough Country kit riding on 33's. 33's are a good size for 4 in. of lift or less (IMO) but with the 10 in. lift they might look kinda small. At that ride height you can probably stuff 37's under there.
    I bet 40's would even fit..lol, 10 INCHES ..wow thats a monster truck...hehehe

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

I think my new tire's i'm going with will be the nitto mud grappler's 35 12.50 on a 18 inch black rockstarr i have already i have dropped allot fo money off in my truck so far.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

I got a question?? Is the 7 inch fabtech more than the 7.5 inch rough country lift for the 2008 silverado z71?

---------- Post added 02-11-2011 at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-10-2011 at 11:53 PM ----------

i guess none knows lol

umm i think fabtech only makes a 6" for the nnbs but could be wrong.
    2009 Silverado 1500 LT
    5.3L
    2wd
    Greystone Metalic
    Dark Tint All Around
    Flowmaster 40 Series
    CST 4.5" Lift
    17x9 Fule Hostage Black
    Black Bowties

oh okay well do you think you get more out of the fabtech compared to the rcx 6 inch

well personally i dont like fabtech. i would go with the rcx lift over the fabtech. but if money isnt tight i would go with the CST 8" lift. i have their 4.5" and love it. CST is a lot more expensice but you get what you pay for.
    2009 Silverado 1500 LT
    5.3L
    2wd
    Greystone Metalic
    Dark Tint All Around
    Flowmaster 40 Series
    CST 4.5" Lift
    17x9 Fule Hostage Black
    Black Bowties

The Fabtech is listed as a 6 inch; however, actually measures closer to 8 inches.
    I believe the Rough Country 7.5 kit is their 5 inch kit with a 2.5 inch spacer which leaves you with not the greatest of angles to begin with. Stack another 2.5 spacer on top of that and I certainly would not want to drive your truck. I have heard a lot of complaints about the RC 7.5 kit. As I mentioned the Fabtech actually measures closer to 8 inches; however, since it is a full drop it gives you great front end angles to which you could add a front end spacer and be fine.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

CST suspension has a 8" lift for the NBS trucks. No drive shaft mods needed.

Quote Originally Posted by canislupis69 View Post
    The Fabtech is listed as a 6 inch; however, actually measures closer to 8 inches.
    I believe the Rough Country 7.5 kit is their 5 inch kit with a 2.5 inch spacer which leaves you with not the greatest of angles to begin with. Stack another 2.5 spacer on top of that and I certainly would not want to drive your truck. I have heard a lot of complaints about the RC 7.5 kit. As I mentioned the Fabtech actually measures closer to 8 inches; however, since it is a full drop it gives you great front end angles to which you could add a front end spacer and be fine.
    I'm with Bobby. Rough Country really dropped the ball with that 7.5" kit. It's their 5" kit with a larger spacer and obscenely large rear blocks (6.5" blocks!!!). Thats some pretty "awesome" R & D right there. Anyway, the angles with this kit are essentially maxed out, so adding a spacer would be suicide for your truck and maybe you. RC requires you to cut off the droop stops, so the upper control arms don't hit, and that's obviously due to spindles that are designed for a 5" kit. So you can also count on stome steep TRE angles too. Throw in a diff drop for a 5" kit and your CV's are maxed as well. I had the RC 3" kit on my truck 3 yrs ago and it was total freakin' trash, as was RC's customer service. There is a reason RC is so cheap.

Fabtech on the other hand is a very well designed and quality kit that will net you close to 8" of total lift. With the Fabtech kit, you will get very flat angles, so the addition of a 1.5" - 2" spacer would work okay.

Hey guy's i got the lift on today the rough country 7.5 inch lift and it's pretty amazing and allot taller than i expected the guy's at the dealership said they got it installed this is 2 pple today was a off day they are my buddies they did it in 5 hours! that's how easy it was and how much more rcx has improved with lift's and the truck actually rides allot smoother in the front than before.. I think this was really a bang for my buck i will put a picture on here soon thanks.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast