GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Bug Shield Noise

    Has anyone else installed the AVS NBS Bug Shield? I did this and at 70 mph I get a windshield slapping noise. This is the most annoying thing I have heard yet with my truck. ANyone else have this installed and get these noises?

  2. #2

    Default

    Does anyone have a different type of bug shield? If so doe sit make any crazy wind noises on your window?

  3. #3

    Default

    I just installed the weatehrtech bug shield on my 08 Silverado and get the same noise. It starts at about 63 mph.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stouffer View Post
    I just installed the weatehrtech bug shield on my 08 Silverado and get the same noise. It starts at about 63 mph.

    That's it the slapping on the wind shield side almost as if someone is tapping on it. The only thing I can see is the guards on the glass. I am going to tape them down and test it just to see if that is the culprit making the noise.

  5. #5

    Default

    I put a GM bug shield on mine and I have no issues at all.

  6. #6
    Jr. Mechanic ibmoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    "Sweet Home Alabama"
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fish4funjb View Post
    That's it the slapping on the wind shield side almost as if someone is tapping on it. The only thing I can see is the guards on the glass. I am going to tape them down and test it just to see if that is the culprit making the noise.
    Use some masking tape to find the culprit.
    Place the tape over the molding where it runs along the windshield(A pillar posts) and see if that is where the noise is coming from.

    Bert
    "Race Car Spelled Backwards is Racecar"

    03 Silverado 2WD extended cab 5.3 with towing package white/silver
    70GS455

  7. #7

    Default wind noise

    I dont know if this is the problem but I remember on some of the 99-07 trucks that the weatherstrip around the windshield would flap after installind bug deflector. Easy fix fs this is it----just get some type of black silicone some parts store have stuff just for windows. Use some masking tape just below weatherstripping and lift up the stripping and apply some silicone and thats it

    Also just as somebody has said the tape works great to narrow down what is causing problems

  8. #8
    Sr. Apprentice Heineken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fish4funjb View Post
    That's it the slapping on the wind shield side almost as if someone is tapping on it. The only thing I can see is the guards on the glass. I am going to tape them down and test it just to see if that is the culprit making the noise.
    Are we aling about the bug deflector that attaches to the bootom of the hood or the wind deflectors that attach to the outter doors? I only have the AVS bug deflector. I drove to Vegas from Colorado Springs over the summer and it was as quiet as a pop-corn fart
    Heineken

    2008 Tahoe LTZ White Diamond (Loaded)
    2003 2500HD Ext Cab DuraMAX
    2002 Civic (Momma's)
    1997 Jetta Trek
    1986 BMW 325 (e)

    At least the bottom three are paid for :lol:

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    Are we aling about the bug deflector that attaches to the bootom of the hood or the wind deflectors that attach to the outter doors? I only have the AVS bug deflector. I drove to Vegas from Colorado Springs over the summer and it was as quiet as a pop-corn fart
    Yes,
    It is the AVS Bug shield that connects to the bottom of the hood. I finally was able to get it to stop by applying 3M tape under the plastic tabs on the left and right of the wind shield. It is as quiet now, and doesn't sound like popcorn at all LOL.

  10. #10

    Default whistle

    was curious if you(or anyone else) have experienced the whistle associated with a bug shield. Mine is the OEM one from GM. Not mind blowing but noticeable


    Quote Originally Posted by fish4funjb View Post
    Has anyone else installed the AVS NBS Bug Shield? I did this and at 70 mph I get a windshield slapping noise. This is the most annoying thing I have heard yet with my truck. ANyone else have this installed and get these noises?

    2010 Silverado 4x4 Z71
    5.3 , 6 Speed
    Factory Remote Start
    GM Oval Step Assist Bars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Excessive Cab Noise - 2010 Chevy Silverado & 2010 GMC Sierra Road Noise
    By Hawgin1 in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 399
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 12:34 PM
  2. Looking for Engine Splash Shield for 02-09 Trailblazer
    By lt1george in forum Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 09:03 PM
  3. EGR BUG SHIELD chevrolet SILVERADO 1500 HD 03 05 part
    By Steve in forum Chevy Parts eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 08:30 PM
  4. 3M clear shield for 2500 HD
    By 08bowtie in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 09:22 PM
  5. AVS 25148-C Bug Deflector/ Shield
    By scjzman in forum General Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 08:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •