GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Sweet thanks for the info truck look a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by grrr... View Post
    So the 03-07 Body style molding/badges are the same not punched in?
    I don't think any yrs are punched in. I'm no guru but I did it on my 04 Silverado and also on my 02 Trailblazer. Both came off with ease.
    I didn't have a heat gun at the time, nor did I know about the dental floss method at the time So I just slowly pulled and used GooGone. Yeah I did it the hacker mickey mouse way but It still came out flawless.
    It's probably been mentioned but if the vehicle is over a few yrs old you may see a very slight color difference where the edge of the moulding was due to the unexposed to sunlight paint underneath.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck15.jpg.jpg   snptrkbk.jpg  

FYI, the 03-06 models are also just glued on. Also another tip i know of is to use a heat gun, or atleast leave your truck in the sun on a hot day, itll soften the glue.

Just de-trimmed my 99 burb. With 100 degree days, no need for a heat gun: I just peeled off the side trim with little effort. I trimmed up the adhesive with a razor scraper (like for cleaning windows...used them all the time in a detail shop I used to work for. Wonderful for pulling off vinyl dealership stickers too). the rear chevrolet emblem was a pain. Gotta get some touch-up paint from trying to get a hold of that critter. Much stonger adhesice tape. The rest was just normal 2 sided foam tape.

Next is the PO's pin strip tape. Gonna clean that off and lay new myself.

BTW: White '99 Burb, lived most it's life in Pheonix and Tucson AZ. Desert truck and the paint hasn't shown up faded where I pulled mine off. For darker trucks, you may want to pull a small spot and check. I don't know if a good compound buffing will blend the fade or not.
    Rob
    1999 Suburban C1500 LS 5.7 K&N filter, VentVisors, debadged aka "LAAT/i...Larty"
    1994 C2500 454. Ex-Forest Service beastie. aka "Redneck"
    2006 Saturn Ion...the Wife's car.
    Empty spot that needs a Jeep...

I am from Curry Alabama. But i currently lay my head down in Iraq south of Baghdad

i finally was able to de-badge my truck. it was very easy. it took maybe a couple of hours and i only needed the rubber wheel for the SILVERADO and CHEVROLET everything was very clean i will post some ppics when i go home again.

I took the Silverado & Chevrolet of my tailgate with fishing line not a big deal. Now taking off the double back tape not so easy I used gasoline and a rag took some time but the tailgate looks great. I would how ever like to remove my side molding and install GMC chrome side molding. Don't ever go fishing so don't know a bought fishing line I thought the thiner the better so I used 8 LB 3.6 and it kept breaking what would be a good typ to use for the side molding?

Steve
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

I took the mouldings off my 2007 Silverado last weekend because they were yellowing and looked different than the rest of the truck. I found that there were full of dirt when i pulled them off. I used my pressure washer to remove the tape and them used laquer thinner on a soft rag to remove the residue left behind only took me about 3 hours and it was well worth it

Jr. Apprentice

i cant wait to have some free time. i so wanna do this to my truck. lol

good job on the removal

I want to do this to my 2004 chevy silverado but was curious is it just the adhesive that sticks them on or is it punched?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by