GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Magnaflow 93714

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 93714. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Are you goin to have to switch the tranny for the conversion or just add a transfer case

Quote Originally Posted by mehoff400 View Post
    if your going to really look into this i would look for a shop to do a solid axle on it
    X2. Or do it yourself. Double wishbone solid axle would be a good choice. It's a ford thing but it'll work and it's decently easy. Well easy for someone who is looking and capable of doing it their self
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I vote to sell it on Craigslist and buy one that is already a 4x4. It isn't as if they are hard to find or tht they are expensive. You can probably come out of it paying only the DMV tag fees.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Come on, we all want a 3 wheel drive lifted corevette....lol

Quote Originally Posted by jdaugherty3 View Post
    I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe, 2 wheel drive. I would like to convert it to 4 wheel drive. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, that would be great. Thanks
    If you inspect your vehicle you may notice that truck companies have a basic setup for their vehicles. Other posts suggest you sell yours and buy a new truck. I know this is an option but not really the issue. For those who like to work on trucks, this is not about just having a truck with 4 wheel drive, it is about getting doing what you enjoy. So here is a basic option, find a wrecked similar donor truck and swap the parts you need to your 2 wheel drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12