GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sr. Apprentice

Also,, you should leave the bulbs in the housing to protect them. Halogen bulbs don't react well to dirt and oils, (finger prints is all it takes) on them.

Tom
    1996 K1500 SLE Suburban, used but paid for:great:

Sr. Apprentice

Oh,, how from from Baltimore do you live,, did the junk yard 'Burb have a decent interior,, I need some trim for mine,, I have the maroon interior.

Thanks,
    Tom

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by THier View Post
    Oh,, how from from Baltimore do you live,, did the junk yard 'Burb have a decent interior,, I need some trim for mine,, I have the maroon interior.

Thanks,
    Tom
    I have replacements for all of my bulbs that will go in when everything is done. The interior of the Tahoe I got my fender off of was maroon. Almost everything inside was intact minus the radio. Only the rear axles, front grille, right headlights and the front hood were missing. I'mma go back and prolly get the bumper and after that, I should be set! (Hopefully)

Not sure if I can post it here, so I pm you the address and Phone number of where the truck is. They have more suburbans and tahoes in their junkyard. They drive you out there and you show them what you want. Then they take you back to the office while the mechanic takes off the parts.
    I asked for the left front fender and he brought me the fender with the wheel well and everything still attached to it!
    1997 GMC Suburban
    22 inch Ice Metal Rims
    170k and still truckin'

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Did they only charge you for the fender price or was it all for the whole setup? I like our U-Pull-It, we pull our own,so I know who has done the work,me! I know they don't want to damage it cause they want to make a sale. But I enjoy doing it myself.... It's cool to at least get the pieces off a donor truck the same color so you don't have to drive around with it different until you do paint it. Looks like your on your way, what about the insert behind the bumper did that get damage also?

Jeff
    JMoney02

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by JMoney02 View Post
    Did they only charge you for the fender price or was it all for the whole setup? I like our U-Pull-It, we pull our own,so I know who has done the work,me! I know they don't want to damage it cause they want to make a sale. But I enjoy doing it myself.... It's cool to at least get the pieces off a donor truck the same color so you don't have to drive around with it different until you do paint it. Looks like your on your way, what about the insert behind the bumper did that get damage also?

Jeff
    They charged me $75 for the entire fender and wheel well and the bumper bracket. I had to take everything off of the fender myself. Not a problem since I got the tools. They have alot of U-Pull Its here in Philly and the surrounding suburbs, but not alot have Suburbans, Tahoes, Yukons or Sierras. The ones that do don't have the parts I need. My wife has a Cherokee Sport and I basically got alot of parts for her SUV for very cheap. The insert behind the bumper was damaged, and I haven't seen one in a junkyard yet. I went back to get the bumper today, and it was gone. I sat back and thought, since I have a good Tiger Saw, I'mma saw the edge of the bumper off, so it won't interfere with the wheel turning. I can't stand taking Public Transportation. It's so slow. Have to leave for work at 6:45 to get there at 8. Before, I was leaving at 7:40 and was getting there on time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12