GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not sure but if you have a digital receiver I would say thats your problem. The internet and cable come down the same coax so why one would work and the other not sounds weird.
    Service calls here are free and should be the same there. Call don't wait...call. Find out whats going on.

Your friendly neighbourhood Cableguy.....

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post
    I'm not sure but if you have a digital receiver I would say thats your problem. The internet and cable come down the same coax so why one would work and the other not sounds weird.
    Service calls here are free and should be the same there. Call don't wait...call. Find out whats going on.

Your friendly neighbourhood Cableguy.....
    i have problem all the time with my internet not working but my cable working.....
    the cable doesnt have anything to do with it if there having a problem on one of there sites
    2004 chevy silverado "northwest edition" lifted on 35's

1990 cherokee lifted on 32's

I guess every cablesystem may wire things differently. I guess I can only speak for Rogers. Which is wired almost identical from system to sytem.

...but can't hurt to just call and have a service call

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

CableGuy is right, your paying good money, Call and Call and Call until you are satisfied, you paying for the service, your only putting yourself out, NOT THEM. Girl, CALL.....I said the same thing we are hard working people.............
    Jeff
    JMoney02

Haven't been on in a while, but decided to check back up here.

THanks for all the suggestions, guys. I did call, but unfortunately, Comcast is stupid. They'll come out (within 2 business days...) and check out what's going on...If it's after their connection into my house I pay, before, they pay. Considering I PAID THEM TO INSTALL everything after my connection since my older home wasn't cable ready, you can imagine I was quite upset.

I asked to talk to a CSR, and politley told her exactly what I thought about their lack of tv service and disappointing internet service and asked for it to be disconnected (it wasn't really meant to be an idle threat I was ready to leave em!). Of course, they begging to stay began...

I did get upgraded to their 20 m interent service free to try for a YEAR, to see if it would satisfy my issues, and if I stay with it after a year, I get it 1/2 off the regular fee and that's locked in for the lifetime I'm with them, and I got a credit worth 3 months of service for "all my troubles" recently. SWEET!

I don't know if I'll stay with them for television services, but I'll probably stick with them for interent.

I've been hearing stuff about Free-To-Air in conjunction with a Dish Network plan working pretty well, I'll let you all know if it works.

And no, JMoney, they weren't upgrading the snoring device (too bad) and I'm not pregnant from lack of sleep, lol...
    Rachel
    FL

'05 Trailblazer LT

Heartbeat of America!

rofl thank god i dont have comcast cuz they suck!! jk jk

ive got com cast and on my lap top the past week i havent been able to get online . ive had them boot it back up but still cant get online driving me crazy. keeps saying server not responding on all my web browsers. now my desk top no problem. get online and both comp.s are hook up to same router only the lap top is wireless. puzzling.

It it works on your desktop, but not your laptop, that's sounds like an issue with your laptop, not Comcast. If Comcast or any other service provider were to go out, you wouln't have anything, not just certain computers. It doesn't work that way.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12