GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation need help please ???? 08 silverado

i have a 2008 silverado LT and i what to put a auto dual ac cilmate control in ... i saw one out of a 07... so im asking will it work and will it just plug in ????? thanks mike

I believe it will. I have a '08 Tahoe and it is identical to the '07 that I traded in for it. Same set up as the Silverado's
    Heineken

2008 Tahoe LTZ White Diamond (Loaded)
    2003 2500HD Ext Cab DuraMAX
    2002 Civic (Momma's)
    1997 Jetta Trek
    1986 BMW 325 (e)

At least the bottom three are paid for :lol:

I'm not too sure but you have to remember that with the auto climate control there has to be some temperature gauges somewhere in the cab. I have the auto climate control and it has driver and passanger settings. I don't know how accurate they are but it looks like there is more involved than a plug and play unit.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mykl1978 View Post
    i have a 2008 silverado LT and i what to put a auto dual ac cilmate control in ... i saw one out of a 07... so im asking will it work and will it just plug in ????? thanks mike
    Did you go to the Parts Dept. at the Dealer and ask them to cross ref. the models to see what you need? Or at the very least to see if your truck was already wired for it? Then it's plug/play. Most of the new vehicles are coming wired this way so can add feature easier and not F'up your truck trying to add aftermarket equipment.......

Jeff
    JMoney02

i'm pretty sure it will not work.when you have dual climate control you have 2 blend doors ( hot/cold ) in the box under the dash that houses the heater core and the evaporater.The blend doors are operated by stepper motors.I might be wrong on the 08's I havent worked on one yet but this is what I have seen on the earlier years though.
    08 sierra crew cab 22" gm wheels,chrome GM grille,soft tonneau,40 series flowmaster,pioneer avic900 in dash navigation unit,2 kicker 10"s alpine 300 amp,rear leveling shackles,tinted windows.