GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: tachometer

Default tachometer

my tachometer on my 04 quit working any ideas???? thanx cw
    2004 burby 1500LT 4x4
    1992 wrangler
    1984 cj-7
    1985 cj-7
    1960 willys
    1994 k1500 pickup 4x4

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

How many miles? Does all other gauges work? 03-04 clusters had recalls due to various issues with them. Recall is for 7yrs/70k miles, check your local dealer and see if you qualify.

Jeff
    JMoney02

Default tach and speedo problems

Old post, but figured if I found it others will. Have a 2003 Silverado 2500HD and I just dropped it off at the dealership for the tach/speedo problems (tach would peg itself at 6000 and speedo would jump around). I have 71600 miles and the service writer told me below 70k/7years they cover everything, but between 70 and 80k miles you pay for labor = about $80 and they cover the cluster cost. $80 instead of $500, only way to beat that would for it to be a actual recall...

I realize this is old but little story about this... I had my cluster replaced in my 03 Escalade ext under this service bulletin. GM said "Oh were sorry your truck is 7 years and 1 month old. My milage was 63,000ish at the time. So they did the we will supply the parts and you pay for labor so thats what I did and it cost me $175 for labor. Well 8 months later the tachometer in the new cluster died. Called GM and well Im out of luck.. No warranty on the replacement cluster. What a joke...

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper