GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default New silverado the bad and the ugly...

I know there are problems with the 'rado so i figured it would be a good idea to place the issues that are being repaired. like for example mine has the knocking at startup which has to do with afm parts failing and its being fixed by gm.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site! You can use the thread in the Q&A section under repair manuals to have access to recalls and technical service bulletins.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

ok thanks i went through there and found some useful stuff though i wonder what else could be missing because it has nothing concerning the lifter problem with these trucks.

ok so everyone just has the perfect defectless truck. i guess im one in a million.

They have made Silverado's for years, so I'm not exactly sure which year you are talking about but assume 2009 since you said "new" (although that could mean "new to you"). Your first post implies that you are going to list problems that you are having, not what everyone else is having. Maybe word it a little clearer to let everyone know what you are looking for. My .02
    Gary

99 K 1500 Suburban
    78 Silverado Big 10 w/factory 454
    00 S-10 Blazer
    1976 Trans Am
    1980 Honda CB900 Custom

Yeah man,. we need a little more info on your truck. I'm guessing that because you are hearing clatter at the start up you have an older truck. That happens, it goes away after the oil starts pumping through the heads.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Jr. Mechanic

He is talking about AFM problems so that would mean its a newer truck. I have no idea of what else he is talking about.

No pblms with my 08 and never with my 02 duramax
    oglerb-Randy New-used 2008 Silverado 1500 Extd Cab LT with towing and a bed topper:glasses:

So 2000 may be almost ten years ago, but I felt like responding to this thread anyways.

Like all 5th gen GM trucks, mine has a problem with headlight bulbs burning out. That was a bloody epidemic.

My weather stripping on the driver's door also falls off with regularity. Just urethaned it about an hour ago.

Not a big deal, but the driveshaft wobbles at about 1100 RPM's. I could pay the $300 to get it balanced, but that's kind of a 'would be nice' thing.

Being that it's 2WD, it just has to look at snow and it gets stuck, but that's to be expected.

2000 Silverado Ext. Cab
    4.3L V6
    Cobra CB Radio
    Viper Alarm
    Beltronics STi Radar Detector
    Pioneer Audio