GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Exhaust Style

Default Exhaust Style

I am thinking about getting exhaust on my truck and I narrowed it down to either Flowmaster or IMCO mufflers, but I don't know what syle I want for my truck. Anyone with pictures of the new body style Silverado with pictures of their exhaust and how it looks would be great.
    09 Silverado single cab 4.8
    20% tint
    6000k hids
    cherry bomb extreme dumped
    smoked tailights
    3inch lift
    black bowties
    train horns

I dont have a new style. I put a new exhause on my 04 crew, but all i had them do was change the muffler out with a Flowmaster 40 series. Are you just looking to see how stuff looks or sounds as well? What are you trying to see how good something looks? behind the wheel? in front? dual straights out the back? dual angled out back?
    2004 Silverado Crew Cab-z71-4x4-5.3-100k+ miles-KN FIPK Stage 2 CAI-Flowmaster 40 muffler w/ dual tip-Apline deck/alpine amp, Pioneer components front/Pioneer Back/2x10" MTX Subs under rear seat-Cooper ST tires

I would go with the flowmasters too.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

I have flowmaster on a 2002 the pipe come out of the muffler about 12 inches and turns down right before the differential. I like it because the sound isn't in one central area...and you don't have to worry about it looking good because you can't see it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZywH7L2IopM"]YouTube - 2002 silverado flowmaster 40[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by spazzoid13 View Post
    I dont have a new style. I put a new exhause on my 04 crew, but all i had them do was change the muffler out with a Flowmaster 40 series. Are you just looking to see how stuff looks or sounds as well? What are you trying to see how good something looks? behind the wheel? in front? dual straights out the back? dual angled out back?
    Just the look of what style to get. I really like the deep rumble.

yeah i went with a flowmaster 50 series, really like the sound, got a vid on youtube being processed at the moment but will throw it on here when its done, but heres a pic with the style i went with, had it dumped before, click on em to blow up

08 Silverado 5.3
    - Custom true dual exhaust w/ Flowmaster 50 series mufflers, X - piped, dumped
    - Sound - 2-12" Infinity subs,2-pairs Infinity 6.5 components, 2-amps Infinty 4 channel/Infinity mono, subthump box w/ SILVERADO text
    - Recon 60" whitelighting L.E.D. brakelight bar

08 Jeep Commander 4.7 - stock for now :rolleyes: