GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wow, sneaky little things aren't they? I was playing halo one time in my living room and watched the mouse we had been tracking for months waltz behind the entertainment center. I suddenly found myself acting out a"secret agent" blocking off the entryways and setting a trap the only way out. I was proud of myself, haha. Glad you found the problem. They are pesky little things.
    ANDREW
    2005 Chevrolet Silverado 4.3L V6
    -Dual exhaust
    -K&N Cold Air Intake
    -8000K HID Headlights

I wonder what it would look like if you were to tazer a mouse? Just wondering.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Default Need a nick-name?

When I read that it scared the crap out of you I chuckled to myself and thought of calling you the elephant man. Good thing I didn't... ha.

But seriously, land lord should be paying for pest control or at least reimbursing you for the traps.
    Marc

dont use anything soft like a t-shirt or the spray foam, just wad up some aluminum foil and stuff it in the hole. mice cant chew through it. rats can but i doubt you have any of those
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

my house is about 17years old and its got mice.. mine are loud! I have one thats behind my couch and the bastard chews on something back there so loud its distracting.. its crazy

Quote Originally Posted by MWright936 View Post
    No damage that I can find. They've chewed a hole in a bag of brown rice I have in my pantry, so I guess they have snacked on that. Other than that, I haven't found anything. No sign anywhere else other than my pantry.

The plans are coming along. We pretty much just have the small details to work out, like picking songs and stuff like that. Only 3 months to go! We're both really excited!

congratz whens the date? y wedding is about 2 months away.. im going crazy... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyPrincess View Post
    congratz whens the date? y wedding is about 2 months away.. im going crazy... lol...
    Mine is 3 months away. There's so much to think about! It seems like we've done most of it, but there's still so much little stuff to plan and think about! Congrats to you!!
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

Quote Originally Posted by cascott325 View Post
    dont use anything soft like a t-shirt or the spray foam, just wad up some aluminum foil and stuff it in the hole. mice cant chew through it. rats can but i doubt you have any of those
    Thanks for that tip. I think I'll double up and use some foil as deep as I can get it in the hole, then cover it up with the foam.

I can see around the hole where it was covered up before with foam, so I guess that's just a temporary fix.

Jr. Mechanic

The first apartment my wife and I rented had mice in it and I stuffed Chore Boy in every hole I found. Steel wool is a good alternative too!

Off topic, congrats on the weddings for you and ChevyPrincess. May both couples have a loving and long lasting union. Man Congrats to all the married people on this board. It ain't easy, but without my wife, I feel like I have no purpose anymore. Her and the kids give me reason to get up and go to work even when I don't feel like it.
    1997 GMC Suburban
    22 inch Ice Metal Rims
    170k and still truckin'

fyi i've always heard that using fabric softener sheets for a dryer can deter mice as they dont like the smell. i have em placed thoughout the house as i rent an old farm house with lots of holes in the basement for the little buggers to get in. especially in this cold winter!
    Current vehicle: 2008 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4wd
    Former vehicles: 1995 Chevy beretta
    1991 pontiac 6000 LE
    1992 Oldsmobile 98 Regency
    1991 Buick Skylark
    1988 Chevrolet Celebrity

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123