GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Fun in the Snow

Default Fun in the Snow

WooHoo!!! Got to do my first real set of Donuts on the snow and ice in my frist rear wheel drive vehicle. So much better than ebraking a front wheel drive vehicle
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

While your out having fun keep in mind that many trucks are rolled every year when the drivers are doing donuts in parking lots and suddenly catch traction.

i could see that happening in the k5 when the rear end is locked....but man dont she come around quick!!!:na:but yes oh yes shes top heavy...

Locked R/R's are even worse, three years ago I rolled an 88 Toyota pickup that had a Lincoln locker in the rear. I was being stupid in the yard behind my shop and doing donuts on ice and snow about the second revolution she caught and rolled over twice, it wasnt bad because she was a beater trail truck with so much previous damage that you couldnt see where it rolled but a passerby saw me roll and called the Fire Department and Police, I was a little embarrassed when they showed up and started looking for the "terrible rollover accident". They were cool once I explained to them what happened, they even laughed about it, but it cost me a box of donuts and a pot of coffee to get them to leave.

thats what im saying...alot of times in the snow i wish i could just spin one...that thing has me lookin like a fool sometimes ...@ss end swinging back and forth... oh well time for four wheel and go for it

I am aware of the troubles that can occur while having some fun.

Wow way to kill Stouffer's buzz with the holier-than-thou attitude.

Hey Stouffer, here's somethin for ya buddy. I love drifting my truck down the road to work during snowstorms. I work landscaping so I'm usually leaving the house at 2 a.m. for the shop, before the City plows are out yet and I get to have all the fun

Here is the suicide knob on my steering wheel. I slip my index and middle finger underneath this baby on either side and fishtail back and forth, sometimes sideways, down the road! excellent fun! ..you just have to know what you're doing!

Anyways, dont drink the Hatorade buddy, i'm with ya!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0004.jpg  

2000 Silverado Ext. Cab
    4.3L V6
    Cobra CB Radio
    Viper Alarm
    Beltronics STi Radar Detector
    Pioneer Audio

GOOD JOB DAVEY
    of course now your route to work will be fully plowed and sanded with speedtraps........

Legend

Blog Entries

It's alright... that's how some of the good stories start out..

"So I was in this totally empty parking lot doing doughnuts one night...."

Glad you had fun. Stay safe!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Yeah just my luck eh?

Last week I was going through an intersection when I hit a plow ridge, which threw me into the oncoming lane of traffic and i passed a plow going sideways while he looked at me like :O!!

My buddy was following me in his grand prix GTP and when i came to a stop he rolled up and put the window down and goes 'DUDE THAT WAS AWESOME!!'

hahaha.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by