GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default vent visors question

Who has them?
    do you have the in-channel kind or the stick on kind?
    what kind do you like better?
    im thinking about getting some, but want to know who has what kind, and what kind they prefer, if one is better than the other.

what are some pros/cons that each of you see/get with them?

thanks for all the info!
    2004 Silverado Crew Cab-z71-4x4-5.3-100k+ miles-KN FIPK Stage 2 CAI-Flowmaster 40 muffler w/ dual tip-Apline deck/alpine amp, Pioneer components front/Pioneer Back/2x10" MTX Subs under rear seat-Cooper ST tires

Legend

the beast is on the second set of stick on, the first ones the stickiness let go and were a pain in the butt to remove but I coudnt find in-channel for my year, my buddy has the in-channel on his Z71 Tahoe and loves them, hasnt had any problems
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

im curious becuase someone i know had the in-channel ones, but said during the winter, if there was any salt/sand by your window, it would cause it to scratch your window due to the pressure of the visor being in the same channel.

just curious if anyone has had problems with either kind.

also, does it seem to move air as much/more/less than just cracking your window? and hows the sound with them when it is open up at high way speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by spazzoid13 View Post
    Who has them?
    do you have the in-channel kind or the stick on kind?
    what kind do you like better?
    im thinking about getting some, but want to know who has what kind, and what kind they prefer, if one is better than the other.

what are some pros/cons that each of you see/get with them?

thanks for all the info!
    I've got the stick on kind and have had no problems with them at all. The secret is to make sure the area is really clean. I wiped the surface with rubbing alchohol before I installed the Vent Visors. They have now been on for more than 5 years and are just as firm as they were the day I installed them.
    Last edited by Jacqson; 02-12-2009 at 11:50 PM.

The inchannels look better - I prefer the Putco Element units. The stick ons adhere better if applied correctly on Chevys (because of the felt weatherstripping the in channels are "supposed" to stick to). As far as brands for the stick ons - they're all the same. They all use the same 3m adhesive as well.
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

Blog Entries

I have or have had the stick on ones on about 5 different cars and trucks. Just love em'. Great for the sudden rain we can have here Calgary during summer.

Like Jacqson said, make sure the area is clean and that it is not to cold when you install them.

"I'm not mean... your just a sissy"

Jason
    CURRENT
    '04 silverado 1500 2wd 5.3 (47,000K) - baby
    '97 serria 4x4 2500 454 (121,000K) - beast
    '07 saturn vue V6 (17,000K) - wife's
    '93 ck3500 4x4 6.5 desiel (300+ adding every day)
    - best of all. I don't pay for it!!!

PREVIOUS
    '04 colarado Z71 3.5 (should have been yellow. complete lemon!)
    '91 serria 2500 2wd 454 (sold at 320,000) - tank

i have in channel ones i love the look of them i haven't heard any noise from them on highway speeds and you still get wind just not as direct and keeps the rain out.. i haven't had any scratching from them either
    2004 chevy silverado "northwest edition" lifted on 35's

1990 cherokee lifted on 32's

I have the in-channel ones for almost all of my vehicles. On the Yukon I have AVS brand. On others I've had WeatherTech. I like the in-channel way more because of the way it looks and I've never had a problem with salt or gravel on the windows in the winter. When installed, the vent visor only touches maybe 1/4 inch of the edge of the glass anyway.

I posted pictures and comments about my install here:
    http://istargazer.blogspot.com/2008/...t-mod-avs.html
    2007 Yukon XL Denali ~ Hardwired V1 Radar w/hidden display ~ PnP Sirius Satellite Radio ~ Weathertech Floor Liners ~ AVS In-channel Ventvisors ~ Chrome Lower-mirror Covers ~ Re-badged Rear Hatch ~ 17" ATX Thug Black Teflon winter rims ~ Putco Tailgate Handle Cover ~ Red interior dome lights ~ Chrome window sill trim ~ 30' Tango Travel Trailer

hmm, i will keep that in mind..good thing i read that, will prob be getting here soon, thanks.