GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flip kit

Unhappy flip kit

i am a new chevy man had jeeps for a while but i have an 08 chevy ls where the rear end sits higher than the front and want to level it out with a flip kit will i have to change anything in the front or has anyone did one and know anything good about it like i say i am new at lowering things??? help please

are you lookin to lower the rear to level it? or raise the front to level it
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

I'm not sure what a flip kit is but if you are looking to do what most people do you want a leveling kit. It raises the front end about 2.5". The kits run about 200 - 300 bucks. You'll need to have the front end realigned and you should replace the front shocks as the existing arms aren't long enogh for a 2.5" front lift. If you keep the existing shocks you might damage parts of the front end if one of the arms breaks.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

i was looking to lower the rear for something different flip kit puts the springs under the axel instead of on top didnt know if that would lower it enough or not

to make it a spring under in the rear would drop the rear probably around 4 inches. also, you would have to do some custom work and cut off the spring perches from on top of the axle very carefully and reweld them onto the bottom, or buy new spring perches and weld them on. I bet you can find an aftermarket shackle for the rear that is shorter than the stock one to drop it an inch or two
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

I would def go with the shackles over cutting welding. Belltech makes shackles just for doing what you are wanting to do. It will lower the back 2 inches you can get decent prices on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lower...spagenameZWD1V

wow i feel really stupid now i thought someone should have made those and couldnt find them that is exactly what i was wanting thanks

I knew what you were talking about when you said flipping, We did that to a buddies ranger 10 years ago they have a lot better ways of doing thing nowadays...lol

yea they do thanks

one last question about this will the shackle drop mess with my exhaust i have duals out the sides??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast