GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Will this head unit fit in my 2004 silverado 1500?

http://www.6ave.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=KENKDCMP208

I am looking to buy this head unit but im not sure if it will fit. Does anyone know of any good audio places who can install the unit for a good price in the Orange County area? I dont know how to install it myself. Also, are there any other deals on head units out there online? I'm looking for one that had a front aux port for the ipod...if it could charge the ipod that would be even better but im not sure if that exists.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Log on to Crutchfield.com and plug in the specs under "Fits My Car" and find this Kenwood model number and see if it is a "Easy Fit" for your truck. In Crutchfield they are able to cross match all Audio/Video units that match the make and models of the vehicle in question. Then when you know what fits your truck you can check EBay for sales, or Google or Yahoo or Crutchfield for that matter,its easy to us. When you buy from them you are a lifetime user for the purchase and can get help 24/7, in depth install instructions and free plug/play connections for the wiring necessary to install..... Good Luck.

Jeff
    JMoney02

Legend

Not a prblem, yoou wont even have to get the extender to give you more clearence, it will fit perfectly!
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

That stereo might fit if you have a single din space. Also it will not charge the ipod with that input 2.5mm jack. Only audio is passed through those jacks.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Legend

Ok, it is a 1 1/2 DIN opening, and they are VERY easy modded to double DIN for nav or touchscreen, it WILL fit like I said, if you dont know much about them then go through crutchfield.com, if you spend 129 or more on a HU you get FREE shipping, mounting gear, mounting instructions and wire harnesses, they also have very knowledgable people to talk to if you cant figure it out. they could get a ten year old to install it, Good luck. We are always here to help out as well!
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

do you have your stock radio? If so, I have the ipod adapter for it, it charges the ipod too and you can control the ipod through the radio, Let me know if you are interested.

2008 Silverado 4x4 Extended Cab 5.3L

Sr. Apprentice

Just bought the same unit from Best Buy for 2005 Silverado W/T. Checked with Kenwood thru their website and they confirmed that it will fit. Can't wait to get it installed and replace the stock am/fm. Let me know what you think of it when you get your in.

Sr. Apprentice

Hey just wanted to let you know that I got my Kenwood installed today and for now it's just hooked up to the rear factory speakers and it sounds great! I bought the cd player from Best Buy, they offered a 'complete kit' boxing the unit with a pair 6 1/2" rounds for use in the doors for $99. The install was real easy but it did require the purchase of the GM0S-01 wiring harness. If you have a Circuit City by you they have all their car stereo install kits and wiring harnesses on sale for 50% off since they are going out of business. Unfortunately I found this out after I had bought mine and finished the install.

Keep Drivin' -Pete.