GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Sr. Apprentice

Default 08 Z71 leveling kit and ride quality?

Fellas, I have an 08 Z71 extended cab and was thinking about putting the leveling kit on the front so I can fit a slightly larger tire on the stock 18" wheels. First question: will the leveling kit affect the ride quality of the Z71 suspension? I really like how it rides now and if it's going to make it dramatically more harsh I might not do it. Second: a 33" tire is about the biggest I'm going to be able to fit without any rubbing/clearance issues right? Or can I go up to a 34?

i didnt put a leveling kit on, but i turned the torsion keys on my 2000, and i didn't notice much of a change at all. you could tell a little, but it wasn't a dramatic change
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

I had the front torsion bars cranked on mine. Got about 1 1/2 inches out of it. The ride seems maybe a little stiffer than before but thats about it. I had to have mine realigned after because it was pulling really hard to one side. I'm very pleased with the look.
    Current Daily Driver:
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - 4WD - 4.8L V8 - True Dual Exhaust Setup, Cat Delete, Cherry Bomb Glass Packs

Just check the height you are wanting to go to. At 2.5" your front shocks may not be long enough to handle that lift when you hit larger bumps or off road situations, you could damage parts of your truck. There is even a warning lable from GM on your front cross member.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

He has an 08....no torsion bars guys...

No, a good leveling kit will not hurt the ride quality of your truck. I like the Ready Lift and Rough Country leveling kits for the 07+ NBS.
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Never Enough View Post
    He has an 08....no torsion bars guys...

No, a good leveling kit will not hurt the ride quality of your truck. I like the Ready Lift and Rough Country leveling kits for the 07+ NBS.
    Thanks man, I was having a hard time finding info on how to turn my torsion keys. I guess because my truck doesn't have them. I'm gonna look into that leveling kit.
    Ruby Red Metallic 2008 Silverado Z71 Ext Cab -- Rancho 4" Lift, 20x10 Chrome XD Rockstars, 305/55/20 BFG Mud Terrains

I just put a skyjacker on a guys truck this weekend. Went on really nice - very nice piece.

I installed the 2" leveling kit on my new body style Z71. The ride quality does not change at all. The only difference is your body is sitting up 2" higher than stock. There is no geometry changes in suspension movement whatsoever. Also, i just put my new wheels and tires on it. I put some 305/55/20 and it equates to 33.5" It rubs slightly but only at full lock left and right. Some minor trimming will be required but its not bad at all. The offset/backspacing does play a part in the clearance issues as well, as well as the width of the rim that you're going to go with too.

[quote=DrewsZ71;105090]I installed the 2" leveling kit on my new body style Z71.

Did you change the setting of your headlights or did you just say f-it and just blind oncoming traffic?!

Yeah I blinded people for a little while...lol then I adjust them. Its just a pain in the butt to adjust them b/c you cant get to the adjuster knobs without removing the headlight assy.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by