GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Holy @#*!....

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I'm aware of the Deadly force law in Ca. 3 years ago my older brother that lives near Sacramento (he's the type that never had a speeding ticket let alone commit any other crimes) was sentenced to 5 yrs probation with a permanent Felony record and $35K worth of legal bills for wounding an armed robber while he and the robber were inside my brothers house.
    He was convicted of firing a weapon inside the city limits and firing a weapon into an occupied dwelling, he was found not guilty of causing grevious bodily harm to a person and attempted murder.
    The robber was given a 2 yr felony sentence for armed invasion and burglary of an occupied dwelling.
    The DA took the stance that my brother should've let the robber take what he wanted and then leave afterwards and my brother could call the police, they felt there was no need for my brother to arm himself and take the law into his own hands.
    The robber also tried to sue my brother for "injuries sustained during the robbery" in Civil court but lost the case.
    Yes I know all I want to about Ca. Deadly force laws.
    Like I said here in Texas we can drop'em on the lawn and let the buzzards deal with'em.

Thats messed up. What is scary is that the majority of the population agrees with this. They dont think we should be able to own weapons much less use them to defend ourselves and our property.

Bert:out:
    "Race Car Spelled Backwards is Racecar"

03 Silverado 2WD extended cab 5.3 with towing package white/silver
    70GS455

wow TB that is awful. Since when can someone break into your house and then sue you for it? The more stupid things I hear happening with society the more I want to move to a cabin in the woods somewhere. And TL, glad to hear everyone is OK. We had a string of robberies in my neighborhood a few years ago, pretty scary stuff.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Quote Originally Posted by ibmoses View Post
    Thats messed up. What is scary is that the majority of the population agrees with this. They dont think we should be able to own weapons much less use them to defend ourselves and our property.

Bert:out:
    I wold disagree that most people want to get rid of guns. I would contend that the majority of people stand behind the US constitution. Many people are missinformed about firearm facts, many other just follow the mantra that guns kill. Either way I'm glad that the incident this morning ended the way it did. No body was hurt and my family is just fine.
    I am going to sit on my porch and clean some guns this afternoon for the fun of it.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Hell, the lib-tards are trying to reach into TX as well. Remember what Mr. Horn went through last summer? Granted, he wasn't charged, but the fiasco of it all...... sheesh.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a View Post
    Hell, the lib-tards are trying to reach into TX as well. Remember what Mr. Horn went through last summer? Granted, he wasn't charged, but the fiasco of it all...... sheesh.
    I dont remember the case you reffered to but your right there's a lot of liberals trying to change laws in Texas. Most of the push comes from an area North of Dallas, and coincidently that area is where many of the jobs and people from Silicon valley relocated to over the last few years.

Cool

Well Played Sir.......
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)

Scary situation! I also like the added security of owning firearms. The police can't get there as fast as a hollow point!
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

One nice think about racking a round in the chamber, it's an international language that needs no interpeting.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    One nice think about racking a round in the chamber, it's an international language that needs no interpeting.
    lol VERY true!!