GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Customize my truck

Hey guys!
    I need to make my truck me. It's new to me (I got it in Oct '08), even though it's a '98 (third door, 98k miles, and a 5.7L V8, baby!). I already programmed it using a Hypertech Programmer. God willing, my next move is a Flowmaster exhaust (well just a muffler with new dual-pipes) and probably a K&N FIPK. Before Christmas, I got a remote starter/keyless entry for it (best thing I ever bought for it) and I just bought a set of door speakers and rear spearkers from Circuit City (which I need to get installed yet). Whatelse can I do to make it mine? I don't want to put a lift on it, unless it's a couple inch lift. The tires are in excellent condition, but I'd like to put some BFG AT's on it eventually. I'm really to Mindi Brand it, but I need some ideas.
    Any help/ideas would be appreciated. Let's hear 'em!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails !cid__0206091358.jpg   !cid__0206091358a.jpg  
    Mindi
    1998 1500 Silverado Z71
    2006 YFZ450

Legend

Blog Entries

Running board... bars... roll bar... front grill guard... upgrading the lights front and back... upgrading the grill... interior doo-dads like new radio, new gauge face....

To give you the biggest visual bang: new wheels!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

oh ya there are tons of things you can do it a cowled hood roll pan on the rear chrome push bar H.I.D's and a headlight kit a hard top on the box tint out the windows a lift would be nice or a nice leveling kit for it customize your interior paint parts on the inside you like the possibilites are endless lol give some info on what your into so can pump out ideas

nice truck... awesome color. Very clean. Love those trucks with cowl hoods and a billit grill. How about a vinal bed cover, safari bar with hella lights, some chrome running board tubes, chrome rocker panel covers, chrome fuel filler door, chrome wheel well trim... possibilities are endless.

Legend

As far as lift I would just do the front leveling kit, then you can geta little bigger tire in it, yours i would think would look best with black not chrome if you do any accesories
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Blog Entries

Like mentioned before, it's a very clean looking truck and a unique color. If you are going for appearance, I would say a new set of flashy wheels would step things up a whole bunch.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Okay great ideas.
    I don't want to spend a ton of money...a little at a time. The truck sat in a garage for 5 years before I got it so that's why it's spotless. Oh, the color is actually called Copper, I think, I'd have to look at the tag. On my ZR2 I had a black brushguard on it. I loved it, but I wasn't sure if it'd look good on this truck. I use my truck for towing a lot, so I don't want to do anything that would hamper that.

Explain this leveling kit that you speak of??? I've really been thinking of putting a hard tonneau cover on it (it has a soft cover on it now), but this summer I'm going to be putting my quad in the back of it a lot so that really isn't feasible. Plus I live in an apartment and I wouldn't have anywhere to store the hard tonneau cover during the summer.

Wheels wouldn't be a bad idea. I've never really shopped for wheels (since I was an off-roader we weren't interested in the wheels as much as we were the tires). I don't want to spend a couple grand on them, though. To me, that isn't practical. Since the color of the truck is so unique, I wasn't sure what would really look good with it. Some pictures of some mods would be good, too. If anybody is good at photshop, I can take some more customized pictures so we can photoshop some mods on it. I want to get an idea of what it'd look like on the truck before I do anything to it.
    Mindi
    1998 1500 Silverado Z71
    2006 YFZ450

Quote Originally Posted by Mindi51982 View Post
    Okay great ideas.
    I don't want to spend a ton of money...a little at a time. The truck sat in a garage for 5 years before I got it so that's why it's spotless. Oh, the color is actually called Copper, I think, I'd have to look at the tag. On my ZR2 I had a black brushguard on it. I loved it, but I wasn't sure if it'd look good on this truck. I use my truck for towing a lot, so I don't want to do anything that would hamper that.

Explain this leveling kit that you speak of??? I've really been thinking of putting a hard tonneau cover on it (it has a soft cover on it now), but this summer I'm going to be putting my quad in the back of it a lot so that really isn't feasible. Plus I live in an apartment and I wouldn't have anywhere to store the hard tonneau cover during the summer.

Wheels wouldn't be a bad idea. I've never really shopped for wheels (since I was an off-roader we weren't interested in the wheels as much as we were the tires). I don't want to spend a couple grand on them, though. To me, that isn't practical. Since the color of the truck is so unique, I wasn't sure what would really look good with it. Some pictures of some mods would be good, too. If anybody is good at photshop, I can take some more customized pictures so we can photoshop some mods on it. I want to get an idea of what it'd look like on the truck before I do anything to it.

a leveling kit will level out your truck basically your front end slopes down and the back sticks up it will pick up the front end and then level it clean with the back

I have a levelling kit on my truck, but mine actually drops the back of the truck instead of raising the front. If you use yours for offroad and towing, I would suggest getting the levelling kit for the front. The truck will look 10 times better than it already does. You could also consider getting some vinyl graphics. I got racing stripes for my hood. Nothing fancy, but I think it really makes it more "me".

Quote Originally Posted by Custom04Chevy View Post
    I have a levelling kit on my truck, but mine actually drops the back of the truck instead of raising the front. If you use yours for offroad and towing, I would suggest getting the levelling kit for the front. The truck will look 10 times better than it already does. You could also consider getting some vinyl graphics. I got racing stripes for my hood. Nothing fancy, but I think it really makes it more "me".
    Good advice.
    Anybody have a link for a leveling kit?
    Mindi
    1998 1500 Silverado Z71
    2006 YFZ450

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast