GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default in need of some answers please im begging you for answers lol

hey all i recently bought a 2005 trailblaer i6 ext. when accelerating i feel each gearengage, i can brome the car world but this even to me dosent seem right no i dident do a tranny flush yet but im getting a little concerned it has 78000 and im the second owner using it it brooklyn ny, the care came from colerado so its a bit diffrent in driving.

also when coming to a stop it feels like the rear is catching up with the front as if the front was going down and the back was lifting is this a rear end issue or is there body bushing or mounts i need to address

and last the dash make a little noise but the guage cluster and knee pannel, it sounds like there is constant switching going on like a relay or something, and if you have the radio off and in park you hear like a hissing noise or airflowing then when you turn the car off you it hear it release.

im concerned since i did pay a nice amt for it and that my kids are in it thanks for al lyour help and im sorry for the hassel and spelling and runons lol

Sounds like you really need to find a mechanic you or someone you know has confidence in. If the front end "dips" on braking, it may need shocks or struts (I don't know which the Trailblazer has). As far as the noise from the dash, a mechanic should be able to help you. Sorry I wasn't much help, but maybe some of the Trailblazer owners can help out, good luck!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

the nosedive of the front end is probably shocks or struts as said before. the hissing could be a vaccume hose that has come loose, could be an exhaust leak (doubtedly), but from your description, i would guess you hear the fuel pump engaging and disengaging, chevrolets are famous for having very loud whining fuel pumps.
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

ok so the trailblazers have the fule pump in the front im used to a car as i said ill have the dealer check it out though, also the diping motion also hase almost a dbl step with the feeling of the back end catching up. im going to get my tranny power flushed is there anything i should tell them to do or what type of fluid should i add

if you have a video camera, try to start out with the dash noises, then go to the hissing noise. try to get around 30 seconds of each. also, set the camera up or hae someone film you while you demontrate to the camera what it is doing. get it onto youtube and like it up here. if you cant do this, its no big deal. just an idea for a little audio video
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

go to sys fluid i switched my to valvoline syn and it has worked out well also your car diving s most likely shocks and struts

TB's use shocks up front. Get some Bilstein HD's that come stock on the SS models. About 10 mins a side and BAM! you're good to go.

The dashboard noises sound like the normal crappy build quality that a lot of cars exhibit now. The fuel pump is IN THE TANK, not in the front, you're not going to hear it with the truck running.

NEVER "flush" the transmission. Have it drained, the filter changed and refilled. Same for the rear, although that's easy to do at home.

As for the "hissing" noise, I don't know what that might be other than possibly a leak in the A/C vents or something like that. ???
    2003 Black Silverado LT extracab (tow vehicle): stock
    2007 Silverstone TrailBlazer SS:
    Eagle H-beam Forged Rods,Wiseco Forged pistons/rings,Kooks 1 3/4" & catted 3" Y,ATTITUDE Cam,NGK TR6 spark plugs,Scott's Wires,Melling 10296,Yank 3600,RPM Built Lvl VI ,VMS CAI,HSRK,ADM E-fans,160 Tstat,PCMforless Tune,Resonator delete,QTP e-cutout,Kbees and air bag drop,R1 Concepts Rotors,G2 Red painted calipers,Redline hood struts.Also,on the way ProchargerD1SC:glasses:

I have a girl friend of mine with a TB and she had the same problem with the tranny she did a flush and it was fine for like two months then the tranny went which sucks.Hopefully the flush will work for you. Should be covered under the warranty..look in the back of your book that comes with the truck there are numbers back there and they will tell you how long it is covered for god forbid you need to replace it. I think you might need some new shocks or struts. Good luck!!
    JJ
    2006 Chevy Trailblazer LT 4x4

Sr. Apprentice

Default Why NEVER flush tranny?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRobSA View Post
    TB's use shocks up front. Get some Bilstein HD's that come stock on the SS models. About 10 mins a side and BAM! you're good to go.

The dashboard noises sound like the normal crappy build quality that a lot of cars exhibit now. The fuel pump is IN THE TANK, not in the front, you're not going to hear it with the truck running.

NEVER "flush" the transmission. Have it drained, the filter changed and refilled. Same for the rear, although that's easy to do at home.

As for the "hissing" noise, I don't know what that might be other than possibly a leak in the A/C vents or something like that. ???
    all the maintenence places say it's the best way to do it nowadays, maintenence manuals for new cars & trucks too...please explain, thanks!!!
    '95 1/2 ton Suburban 4wd 350, 140K, w/ tornado and k&n filter | everything else stock

'89 1/2 ton Suburban 2wd 350, 200+K, completely stock except 31 x10.50 tires & 40 series flowmaster

'85 1/2 ton Suburban 2wd 350, 250+K, burnt valve :lol: , edelbrock 50 carb, comp cam, silvolite pistons, HiPerf distributor, 18" glasspacks

I've never heard a reputable mechanic call for a FLUSH. Drain/refill, yes, but when you flush (especially a higher mileage trans) you run the risk of ruining the trans with crap the "flush" may bring out.

But, as long as they'll pay for the trans replacement when their flush breaks it, go for it. New trans > older, cleaned out trans.
    2003 Black Silverado LT extracab (tow vehicle): stock
    2007 Silverstone TrailBlazer SS:
    Eagle H-beam Forged Rods,Wiseco Forged pistons/rings,Kooks 1 3/4" & catted 3" Y,ATTITUDE Cam,NGK TR6 spark plugs,Scott's Wires,Melling 10296,Yank 3600,RPM Built Lvl VI ,VMS CAI,HSRK,ADM E-fans,160 Tstat,PCMforless Tune,Resonator delete,QTP e-cutout,Kbees and air bag drop,R1 Concepts Rotors,G2 Red painted calipers,Redline hood struts.Also,on the way ProchargerD1SC:glasses:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast