GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default * lug bolt patterns between old Fords and 'new" Chevys

Hi
    I am a new member here and the recent proud owner of a 2005 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. 6.0L engine , 4WD, 4.10 gears .

My question is I have an old Ford F250 1985 with old rims . Does anyone know if old Ford F250 rims (16") will fit on the 2005 Silverado? They would make good snow rims if I could use them.

Apologies if there have posts on this previosuly.

Thanks!!
    Mickey B

Welcome to the site there are a few tire and rim guys here that may come along and help

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Welcome to the site! I could be wrong on this, but I think Ford has a 5-lug pattern and GM has a 6-lug pattern. I'm not sure if that differs between models or not.
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

Welcome to the site MickeyB. I hate to tell you this but they will NOT work. The F-250 lug patteren is an 8 lug system on 6.5" centers and your new Chevy is 6 lug on 5" centers. However you can order some adaptors to make them fit but then you have to deal with the spacers everytime you switch your wheels from one to the other. If you happen to find a spare set of 16" Chevy wheels be carefulbefore you shell any $$$$ on them. If the ones you find came off a truck with drums breaks there is a very good chance it will NOT fit over the disc breaks unless they are from the same year. Had plenty of fun finding all this stuff out the hard way. Good Luck to ya and let us know what you come up with.

welcome to the site
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Welcome to the forum!
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

I have heard that some shops will drill out the lug holes (oversized if you will) to make a match.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by TMRuiz View Post
    Welcome to the site MickeyB. I hate to tell you this but they will NOT work. The F-250 lug patteren is an 8 lug system on 6.5" centers and your new Chevy is 6 lug on 5" centers. However you can order some adaptors to make them fit but then you have to deal with the spacers everytime you switch your wheels from one to the other. If you happen to find a spare set of 16" Chevy wheels be carefulbefore you shell any $$$$ on them. If the ones you find came off a truck with drums breaks there is a very good chance it will NOT fit over the disc breaks unless they are from the same year. Had plenty of fun finding all this stuff out the hard way. Good Luck to ya and let us know what you come up with.
    Thanks for clearing up my ill-informed advice!
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

Default Chevy is a 3/4/ ton 2005 2500HD

Hi back to all of you. Very nice to be welcomed to a site. Makes an old guy feel good. I neglected to mention that the Chevy truck is a 3/4 ton (2500HD) and has an 8 lug pattern. I was cruising thru the internet on this subject and I thought that old Ford 250's (like the one I have- 1985) and the chevy's made the same 8 lug wheels until Ford went to the Super Duty in 99. Then they went metric. So from my research, it seems the old Ford wheels will fit over the Chevy but not vice versa as the hubs are bigger on the Ford.

I believe they need to be 6.5 " from center of lug to center of lug across.

I guees I'll have to shovel my way out to my old barn and get the wheels and see. I appreciate all the advice. I think I am going to like this place.

Thanks again.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast