GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

thanks... more mods to come after the summer
    2008 NBS Silverado Z85

4.8 V8
    -8000k HIDS
    -AVS Bugflector II
    -20% tint all around
    -17x9 Moto Metal 951
    -Rough Country 2'' Leveling Kit
    -Putco Window Visors
    -Blacked out headlights (courtesy of JAKD-UP)
    -285/70/17 BF Goodrich All Terrains (minimal rubbing still) :grrrrrr:
    -Blacked out grille and both bumpers
    -Smoked taillights
    -Blue interior dome lights

"A work in progress is something every man should have"

Sr. Apprentice

Hey man, sick truck. I've been looking at body lifts lately. If you have minimal rubbing with those tires, why not just go for a 2" body lift -- that should be just enough to clear right? And they seem pretty easy to install in an afternoon in the driveway.
    Ruby Red Metallic 2008 Silverado Z71 Ext Cab -- Rancho 4" Lift, 20x10 Chrome XD Rockstars, 305/55/20 BFG Mud Terrains

Nice job,

My truck is burgandy but I have been changing the chrome over to black (not sure how much I want to do) I blacked out the bowtie and concidered doing the whole grill. Did you take it somewhere to get your grill painted or did you spray it yourself if so what with?

Jr. Mechanic

I'll chime in, I did mine both ways, myself and let a bodyshop do it. I'm picky and pretty darn good with a rattle can, did it right using etching primer, basecoat, clearcoat and wet sanding out the orange peel and mine looked great, but stone chips beat it up pretty good. The one from the bodyshop looked perfect and has held up much better. Spend the $100-200 and have the pros do it.

4WD/4.88s/TrueTrac/EFI Live | Rancho 4" SL | 3" BL| 20" Ballistic Jesters | 35" Toyos
    Fabricated One-Off Prerunner Lightbar, Bed Tire Mount and Dual Shock Hoops w/ FOAs

Quote Originally Posted by aftriathlete View Post
    Hey man, sick truck. I've been looking at body lifts lately. If you have minimal rubbing with those tires, why not just go for a 2" body lift -- that should be just enough to clear right? And they seem pretty easy to install in an afternoon in the driveway.
    i couldnt find a 2 inch but i did find a 1.5 inch which should be enough... they should clear

Quote Originally Posted by AllBlkdOut07 View Post
    I'll chime in, I did mine both ways, myself and let a bodyshop do it. I'm picky and pretty darn good with a rattle can, did it right using etching primer, basecoat, clearcoat and wet sanding out the orange peel and mine looked great, but stone chips beat it up pretty good. The one from the bodyshop looked perfect and has held up much better. Spend the $100-200 and have the pros do it.
    what he said... have you seen his truck? he obviously knows whats up... im picky myself but there hasnt been many chipping on mine... only one to be exact and i covered it up already... the pros will do a way better job than me though

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789