GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

pba cards....
    08 5.3 silverado...toyo m.t 33 12.50 18 rockstars...leveled with 2" blocks...cherrybomb catback...6k hids

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoyo View Post

Naturally, when people see a cop, they slow down; and that's what all the vehicles around me did. However, I figured that I wasn't speeding anyways and continued on my merry way. About 30 seconds later I see the cop car passing vehicles behind me, and coming up on my bumper.

And she turned and walked away, saving me a $5000 ticket for driving with no insurance, plus a ticket for 25 over.

Beat that.
    $5,000 for no insurance..??..

Ticket for 25 over???? Thought you weren't speeding? And if you just pass a cop that's pulled over but isn't manning their radar equipment how in the hell did she expect to give you a ticket, much less one for 25 over???

I'm confused!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Default A little creativity CAN go a long way...

True story, no kidding-

First of all, this did not happen to me, it happened to a friend of my dad’s.

Here is what happened:

A gal he knows was pulled over by a KY State Trooper on the express way (I-75) just outside of Lexington. She thought she’d try to be nice by saying something that might help her in this situation.

When the Trooper asked for her license and registration, she handed both to him and said “thank you officer- ya know I support everything you guys do and in fact I gave to the Troopers ball this year”.

He looked back at her and said, mam, I am a state Trooper and we do not have balls (LOL- no kidding). He then realized what he said, handed her back herlicense and registration, did not say a word but walked straight back to his cruiser and drove away.

No ticket.

Is that crazy or what?

You are soooooo lucky- not sure about how they do things where you live, but in KY, 25 and over is considered reckless driving and an *instant* trip to jail. I know someone this happened to several years ago.....

Great to hear it worked out for ya !

I only got pulled over once! 60 in a 20.. the cop did not radar me so I told her I was doin 40 ..

i pulled off into a clear safe parkin lot and shut off the truck.. window down.. hands on the wheel.. puppy dog face and yes mam! .. She let me off with a VERBAL warning!
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

A couple months ago I got pulled over on the highway. He thought he was hiding but I saw his light bar over the bush and my radar detector picked him anyway. I have a routine when I see a cop. Slow down, radio down, windows down. (I had tinted windows). This is exactly what I did when I saw him. There was nothing for him to pull me over for. I pass him, I see him put the car in gear and pull out. At this point I yell, "WHAT THE F**K!". He does the standard thing, he hangs back then Flies up behind me and flips his lights on as if he didn't want me to see him. What a dumba$$. Anyway he walks up and gets my license and all that crap. Then he proceded to tell me that he pulled me over because I wasn't wearing my seat belt. Now, please keep in mind I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt. I could not control myself and I just started screaming and cussing at this state trooper. (I can't believe he didn't arrest me). As you with silverados know, the seat belts go into the seat and if you're tall, someone cant see it sitting down in a car. I told him to stand back and look, he then told me how sorry he was and handed my license back to me. I drove off and I think I may have thrown rocks, but I'm not sure.
    Current Daily Driver:
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - 4WD - 4.8L V8 - True Dual Exhaust Setup, Cat Delete, Cherry Bomb Glass Packs

last year when i was 16 and just bought my truck (00 chevy 2500 6.0) i was heading to a buddys house and was doing 80 in a 55 sure unuff a cop was hiding and pulled out behyind me he fliped on his cherrys so i pull over the cop comes up i say really quick "i gotta help my budy there cows are out u can follow me if u want" and i take off like a bat outta hell and call up my freind and tell him what happened so he lets out a calf and when i got there the cop pulled in right behind me we both get out and i ask my freind real dumbly were are the cows he says we got them all in exept that one and points at the calf so me my freind and the cop get the cow in and the cop says have a nice day boys and we say thanks and he drives away haha
    no replacment for displacment:great:

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post
    $5,000 for no insurance..??..

Ticket for 25 over???? Thought you weren't speeding? And if you just pass a cop that's pulled over but isn't manning their radar equipment how in the hell did she expect to give you a ticket, much less one for 25 over???

I'm confused!
    Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough in my post. First of all, it's a $5000 fine in Ontario for your first offence of driving with no insurance. Second fine is $10,000

She informed me upon pulling me over that I had been driving 105 in an 80, and she got that reading from her radar when she came up behind me.

My bad:(
    Last edited by DaveyBoyo; 02-12-2009 at 01:51 AM.

2000 Silverado Ext. Cab
    4.3L V6
    Cobra CB Radio
    Viper Alarm
    Beltronics STi Radar Detector
    Pioneer Audio

Blog Entries

a few years I was driving my 96 Monte Carlo and I came around a corner at 65 in 40 zone and there was a cruiser in a little turn off, instant blue lights. I pulled right over. My heart was in my throat so I just babbled on about a deer coming across the street and the only way to avoid him was to hit the gas. The cop rolled his eyes at me and turned towards the woods and said where over there. I said yeah just at the corner. He shined his flash light across the street and you could see 2 sets of shinny little eyes in the woods. whether or not they were deer I will never know but they got me off from a ticket.

Thanks mother nature!!!
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by bry2500 View Post
    a few years I was driving my 96 Monte Carlo and I came around a corner at 65 in 40 zone and there was a cruiser in a little turn off, instant blue lights. I pulled right over. My heart was in my throat so I just babbled on about a deer coming across the street and the only way to avoid him was to hit the gas. The cop rolled his eyes at me and turned towards the woods and said where over there. I said yeah just at the corner. He shined his flash light across the street and you could see 2 sets of shinny little eyes in the woods. whether or not they were deer I will never know but they got me off from a ticket.

Thanks mother nature!!!
    LOL!! Nice!!!
    Mindi
    1998 1500 Silverado Z71
    2006 YFZ450

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast