GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have to man up to my responsibility. If I get busted I do the right thing and pay up. It ain't worth lying over to save a few bucks.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

HILARIOUS. Thats what I call A Super Trooper!

Quote Originally Posted by 03TrailBlazer View Post
    True story, no kidding-

First of all, this did not happen to me, it happened to a friend of my dad’s.

Here is what happened:

A gal he knows was pulled over by a KY State Trooper on the express way (I-75) just outside of Lexington. She thought she’d try to be nice by saying something that might help her in this situation.

When the Trooper asked for her license and registration, she handed both to him and said “thank you officer- ya know I support everything you guys do and in fact I gave to the Troopers ball this year”.

He looked back at her and said, mam, I am a state Trooper and we do not have balls (LOL- no kidding). He then realized what he said, handed her back herlicense and registration, did not say a word but walked straight back to his cruiser and drove away.

No ticket.

Is that crazy or what?
    Marc

2008 Chevrolet Silverado
    Black on Black leather, XM,
    20" GA 4.6
    Bak Flip G2
    5.3L FLEX
    Custom machined bow-tie
    (my ME ; )
    Billet grille inserts
    Paint Matched
    door handles & mirror covers
    Partially de-badged

HAHA! "Meow what is so damn funny!"
    Current Daily Driver:
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - 4WD - 4.8L V8 - True Dual Exhaust Setup, Cat Delete, Cherry Bomb Glass Packs

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'm just curious to see how many people here have successfully beaten speeding tickets and how you did it! What tricks and secrets have you employed to get out of a ticket?

You've been bad again haven't you :na:

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

I've never been able to beat a speeding ticket. I even tried changing court dates at the last minute a few times and the ticketing officer still showed up.

The last two I got should've been dropped but I still was found guilty and fined.

One was while I was attached to a Federal Organ Donor program as aircrew and we would get called out at anytime to fly donated life saving organs to different cities. One night at 3am I was driving to the base in Fort Worth, TX to crew a flight taking a heart to Los Angeles, while driving through River Oaks, Texas I was stopped for 6 miles an hour over the limit, I told the officer where I was going, showed her my Federal ID, and she still gave me a ticket. I didnt stick around to dispute it with her because of the time sensitive nature of the flight.
    When I went to court I brought my C.O. with me and we started to plead my case when the judge told me I was lying because his sister in law told him exactly what had happened, slightly confused I started to argue until I realized the Judge and ticketing officer had the same last name. Needless to say the judge threatend me with contempt and slander if I opened my mouth again. Lesson to be learned: Never speed in River Oaks, Texas it's a speed trap.

The other ticket I shouldnt have gotten happened one night in Va. Beach, Va. My buddy and I had trucks almost exactly alike, I was sitting on the street waitng for him to arrive at a local watering hole when he came flying around the corner and screamed through the parking lot to the back of the bar to park, as I was getting out of my truck a police car drove up and they asked accused me of speeding and running a stop sign, I tried to explain the situation but they refused to even go behind the bar and look to see if I was telling the truth.
    My friend felt so bad when it was time to go to court he came along and tried to explain to the judge, but the judge refused to believe the story and levied a $700 fine because he wanted to punish me for trying shirk my responsibilities. My friend payed the fines but I was stuck with the tickets on my record.

If you tell the cops that you were too drunk and didn't notice they won't give you a speeding ticket.
    :sign0011:
    Troy
    New Brunswick, Canada

Sr. Apprentice

Nobody has said it yet so here goes: DON'T SPEED!
    Although we all do, so maybe I should say Don't Get Caught!
    For those who live in GA and don't know, the new super-speeder law goes in effect on Friday. An extra $200 tacked on to the fine for going over 85 on highways or 75 on 2-lane roads.

Just don't tell the court your net worth, or you could end up like that poor (rich) guy from Europe and get a fine of over 200k for 1 speeding ticket.
    2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71 4x4
    Other vehicles:
    2000 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
    Toys:
    3055 Bayliner Ciera (2x SBC)
    Sea Doo GTX Limited
    Sea Doo XP (currently rebuilding the engine)

Life is short. Boats and trucks are cool.

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'm just curious to see how many people here have successfully beaten speeding tickets and how you did it! What tricks and secrets have you employed to get out of a ticket?
    You got me for the suspicious question of the month before! This qualifies for the award right????

Jr. Engineer

When I went to court for my last ticket several years ago (KNOCK ON WOOD) The judge asked if I had anything to say. I looked right at the officer and thanked him for slowing me down!!!
    The judge said that was a first and dismissed the ticket if I agreed to pay court costs. I think it was 60 bucks.
    I have also apologized and asked for the officer to give me a break. That has worked a coupl of times in the past.
    now I just slow down and pay attention to my speed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast