GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Optimum wheel/tire package

I am looking for the best wheel/tire package that I can find for my suburban.

Criteria:
    -OEM Wheel
    -Aggressive on/off road tire
    -Will be fitted during vacation/highway/off road use.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks

I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. Bridgestone Duelers and Good Year Wranglers are both good on/off road tires. If you want true off road look into ProComp tires for good quality at a lower price.
    As far as a wheel I guess anything will work for you, Mickey Thompson wheels are often on sale for about 150 or so each, not OEM but a little flashier. Or ebay OEM wheels.
    Good luck.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Legend
    Blog Entries

I bought a set of 2005 Cadillac Escalade 17" wheels for my Silverado, and mounted them on a set of 28" BFG AT's with the white lettering turned in and they look really good. The wheels cost me $800 new, and the tires were another $600 new. The whole thing mounted and balanced was around $1,500, I get a lot of compliments about the luxury wheels wrapped in the aggressive looking tires.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Default Optimum wheel/tire package

Thanks for your input guys, I am going to look into your suggestions. I like the looks of the wheel/tire package on the Z71 picture that is on Chevy’s site. See attached.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Suburban Z71.jpg  

Thumbs up Optimun wheel/tire

What year Surburban?? I saw a older suburban (95-98year) in town with newer (07-09) Suburban factory wheels. It was a 4x4 and had BFGs a/ts 285s.

I have that same wheel/tire combo that you're talking about on my Z71. I just bought a new wheel/tire combo too. Im selling my factory ones right now. Lemme know if your interested. The tires have 10k miles on them It sat mostly in the garage while I was deployed to Iraq...lol

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    what year surburban?? I saw a older suburban (95-98year) in town with newer (07-09) suburban factory wheels. It was a 4x4 and had bfgs a/ts 285s.
    08 ltz 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by DrewsZ71 View Post
    I have that same wheel/tire combo that you're talking about on my Z71. I just bought a new wheel/tire combo too. Im selling my factory ones right now. Lemme know if your interested. The tires have 10k miles on them It sat mostly in the garage while I was deployed to Iraq...lol
    What wheel/tire package did you get? I am interested in your factory ones. Do they have TPS?

Nice Truck.

08 LTZ NAV 4X4
    05 Acura TL
    83 944

Yes they do have the TPMS on them, however you'd have to put your existing sensors on them. I put my sensors on my new wheels and tires. If you'd like to see the pics of the wheels and tires i took off just look at my photo album, they are on there. I havent added any new pics of my truck yet. I just got the new wheels and tires 2 days ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by