GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Smith Chevrolet Review - Turlock, CA

Smith Chevrolet Cadillac
    115 Florence Street
    Turlock, CA 95380-4748
    (209) 634-3031

smithchevroletcadillac.com | Google Places

Turlock California Great dealership! almost 4o miles away form me ( there are 3 dealers closer) but sadly the dealer in my home town treated me like krap and then refused to even return my call.

Smith Chevrolet treated me with respect, everyone is very friendly. I do not go to dealers for regular service due to the expense - but when I have - they have always been great.

They did so well - that I bought a Chevy for the first time !! ( I was actually enroute to purchase a Ford )

I have found that if you find a dealer that I really like, it doesn't really matter how far it is from home. It is a shame that the closest is hardly ever the best.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

In the last 4 years I have 5 bought brand new cars and trucks. 3 of the last 5 have been bought in Tustin, CA as the dealers in Huntington Beach, CA are rediculous and over priced. Dodge espically. The wife as a 09 SUV - better price 25 minutes away than down the street.
    We have had 2 Fords, 1 Toyota, 1 GM and 1 Dodge. So far I like the GM the best.
    Oh yeah, car tax is expected to go up a lot in California. Take a $45,000 vehicle, annual DMV registration fee is around $550, the new program is likely to put the fee to about $800 a year! There is no mercy for us out here.
    Last edited by tlperry68; 02-15-2009 at 01:02 PM.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by tlperry68 View Post
    In the last 4 years I have 5 bought brand new cars and trucks. 3 of the last 5 have been bought in Tustin, CA as the dealers in Huntington Beach, CA are rediculous and over priced. Dodge espically. The wife as a 09 SUV - better price 25 minutes away than down the street.
    We have had 2 Fords, 1 Toyota, 1 GM and 1 Dodge. So far I like the GM the best.
    Oh yeah, car tax is expected to go up a lot in California. Take a $45,000 vehicle, annual DMV registration fee is around $550, the new program is likely to put the fee to about $800 a year! There is no mercy for us out here.

ugggg!! sucks so bad... it'll be more than any stimulus check I'll get...
    yup, it's a `joy' livin in Cali with all the rules, restrictions and taxes and fees

glad to hear that you found one you like, I had a dealer like that in my hometown and continue to make any appts I need to make there... i just make them for when I go back and visit or help my mom out and it works out great!

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 4x4
    - 17" Avalanche Wheels
    - 2 10" Premier Comp Subs/custom Subthump box
    - Some scrapes, scratches, dents, creases, and bends!

Great review, I took to liberty of putting it in the current format and listed out the name and address, but I didn't change the content.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.