GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: badang

Default badang

Not to sound like a smart butt , I dont plan on being a member very long.

I am currently leaasing a 2008 rado crew cab. leased Sept. 2008 2400 miles so far.
    The only thing I like about it is the color.

Lets see where do I start,
    First the dealer (salesperson ) jeff k of taylor cheverolet located in Taylor MIch. ,
    told me that the truck had features that it does not have. like fuel management and onboard diag.
    low tire pressure warning.
    The onstar system worked the first few days of the lease, I could'nt understand why I wasnt receiving
    any phone calls OR the diagnostic report sent via e-mail.
    It turned out that the unit was FRIED according to the dealer.
    After picking it up the truck from service still didnt work.
    When they did repair it I had my wife call me back on my original phone number,it looked like everything was ok NOT SO.
    Still no incoming calls, after I called support they told me that my phone # had changed when they put in the new module.No body told me. I had to make a call. to find out.
    I did not receive any diog. reports for the month of Oct. , Nov. , Dec. they couldnt reach my truck because of the Freid module. I would think after one mo. that they would E- MAIL me or call me at my home # or even write me a letter to ask if i am having a problem with my sysyem.No one from onstar
    or G M has come forward to make things right with me.
    I cant call my work using onstar, try calling 1-313-299-1725 see what happens.
    Another problem is my windows do not go down when its real cold. the dealers answer was to let the
    truck warm up first, I tried that and it took 20 minutes of my time and fuel to free the windows when all the dealer had to do was spray the window seal with Teflon spray, I guess that was too much trouble.

I drive with a light pedal and the mileage still sucks

I traded in a 2000 ford F 250 SUPERDUTY Diesel with 53000 miles on it.
    this picce of crap is not even half the truck of my ford.

I will admit its my fault for not doing my home work before making the switch.

I tried to get out of the lease but to no avail.

I have 35 months 2 weeks and 1 day left on my lease and my truck will be a rolling billboard
    telling of my displeasure with G.M. cheverolet and ONSTAR.

I do hope the rest of you enjoy what you own and drive, in my case I got less, a lot less than I was led to believe I was getting

Thank you for letting me vent.

John Manoulian Jr.

Well dont got bad mouthing Chevy due to an onstar problem, which im sorry to hear about.
    Glad you like the color!
    And if your looking for milage dont buy a pickup!
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

I don't know about anybody else, but I had a real hard time reading his post.

Secondly, why did you come on a CHEVY forum to bitch and moan about the problems with the truck, especially after you already got rid of it? That makes a lot of sense.
    Mindi
    1998 1500 Silverado Z71
    2006 YFZ450

Quote Originally Posted by Mindi51982 View Post
    I don't know about anybody else, but I had a real hard time reading his post.

Secondly, why did you come on a CHEVY forum to bitch and moan about the problems with the truck, especially after you already got rid of it? That makes a lot of sense.
    x2 really man..
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

hmm, seems like minor issues to me, but no one wants things to go bad with a new vehicle. Not every vehicle is for every person, but your criticism seems fairly nitpicky, meaning it's not major things. sorry the onstar module was fried, never heard of that happening before, but that would be irritating. Not sure about the windows, maybe becuase it was an '08 it sat for a long time on a lot somewhere and just needed some going up and down and it doesn't have anything to do with the cold at all.

Gas mileage is all related to how you drive, how fast you drive and what type of traffic you're driving in. A Honda Civic in bad traffic will get 15 MPG. Maybe the chip on your shoulder is weighing down the truck and making the mileage lower, I'm not sure.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

dont base your oppinion of a whole company and one dealership on a single truck. my truck is (was) great and i had no problems even when it got down to 14 degrees. you probobly got a lemon. i'm sorry that the dealership is too lazy to help you
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

I would think that if somebody wasn't happy at one place, they'd try another. OR if they didn't believe one place, they'd get a second opinion. Just because you bought a brand new Chevy from a specific dealer doesn't mean that you have to get it serviced at the dealer where you bought it from. You can always get a second opinion. Like a doctor, if you didn't like your diagnosis or don't believe it, you would get a second opinion right? Seems like common sense to me...but what do I know?
    Mindi
    1998 1500 Silverado Z71
    2006 YFZ450

He's right, he never would have had that problem with his ford because there is no onstar... So how does this inconvience you again? You almost had to have the free three month trial of it when these problems were occuring. If you don't like it don't pay for it.
    As for your windows not going down, did you try pressing the button on the left.

On behalf of GM, I would like to appologize for the way that Hydrogen and Oxegen molecules bond below 0 degrees Celcius.
    And I would like to thank you, again on behalf of GM Corp, for not reading but still signing a lease with such strong wording that you could not break it.

Thanks again,
    that is for the next 35 months or so.
    Marc

2008 Chevrolet Silverado
    Black on Black leather, XM,
    20" GA 4.6
    Bak Flip G2
    5.3L FLEX
    Custom machined bow-tie
    (my ME ; )
    Billet grille inserts
    Paint Matched
    door handles & mirror covers
    Partially de-badged

Quote Originally Posted by John Manoulian Jr. View Post
    I cant call my work using onstar, try calling 1-313-299-1725 see what happens.
    Is that the number to the Kroger?
    <LI class=g>Kroger Food and Pharmacy - Taylor, MI (313) 299-1725

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Blog Entries

I had a '04 Colorado to was a real POS. So many things went wrong. A few were the direct fualt of the dealer. They broke stuff the tried to blame it me. It was the most expenceive truck My wife and I had ever bought at the time and we had put awy our penny for awhile. Point is I was very disapointed since I am a GM guy to the core. Sometimes you get a bad one. Mine must had been the last one roll off the line on a Friday afternoon of a long weekend.

I can understand the way he feelsl in someways but the very minor, but annoing problems that were listed were NO reason to get rid of the truck. My Colorado rusted, had the motor pulled apart twice and alot more. Take it to another dealer. Let them know how peeved you are at your current dealer. Dealers now are willing to bend over backwards. Not easy to sell expensive trucks right now.

BTY..... I guess money is not an issue for him either.

"I'm not mean... your just a sissy"

Jason
    CURRENT
    '04 silverado 1500 2wd 5.3 (47,000K) - baby
    '97 serria 4x4 2500 454 (121,000K) - beast
    '07 saturn vue V6 (17,000K) - wife's
    '93 ck3500 4x4 6.5 desiel (300+ adding every day)
    - best of all. I don't pay for it!!!

PREVIOUS
    '04 colarado Z71 3.5 (should have been yellow. complete lemon!)
    '91 serria 2500 2wd 454 (sold at 320,000) - tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast